Lost internet conection

vbimport

I have an hp laptop with vista. My daughters , this am she could not get on the wi fi connection here at the house. Haad an ereo code 31. found what we thouhgt was a fix. deleted the upper and lower filters and rebooted the computer but the filters didnot reload. the cd rom drive still reads cd but when you go t the connect to there is nothing listed to connect to how do we get the filters back if rebooting dooesn’t help

[QUOTE=bryank41;2551906]I have an hp laptop with vista. My daughters , this am she could not get on the wi fi connection here at the house. Haad an ereo code 31. found what we thouhgt was a fix. deleted the upper and lower filters and rebooted the computer but the filters didnot reload. the cd rom drive still reads cd but when you go t the connect to there is nothing listed to connect to how do we get the filters back if rebooting dooesn’t help[/QUOTE]

Have you tried doing a system restore to an earlier point before you lost Internet connection ?

Deleting the filters has nothing to do you with internet connection. Please don’t take this the wrong way, but are you sure the wi-fi switch on your laptop is turned on? Are you sure that your provider isn’t having some problem or doing some type of maintenance? You can always remove the wireless adapter from Device Manager, reboot, and let Windows reinstall it.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2551910]Deleting the filters has nothing to do you with internet connection. Please don’t take this the wrong way, but are you sure the wi-fi switch on your laptop is turned on? Are you sure that your provider isn’t having some problem or doing some type of maintenance? You can always remove the wireless adapter from Device Manager, reboot, and let Windows reinstall it.[/QUOTE]

I never thought about the switch :doh: and your right on the filters and why I didn’t go there :wink: