Lost installation software (HP DVD1040i)

[qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD1040i. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]hello, newbie here. i lost my installation disc for my dvd writer that i purchased several years ago. is there somewhere i can download this software? please help :frowning: thanx

I’m not sure what installation files you need. You don’t mention what OS you are using but both XP and Vista supply the drivers. If it’s some application software like Nero, then you’re probably out of luck.

[QUOTE=jimdomz;2209171][qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD1040i. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]hello, newbie here. i lost my installation disc for my dvd writer that i purchased several years ago. is there somewhere i can download this software? please help :frowning: thanx[/QUOTE]

There is not really a installation software those cds contain extra software installs not actually drivers for the drive in XP and Vista should have already. As Whappo said if it is a retail software then we can’t help there you have to repurchase the software. You will have to go to HP site and see if they have those software for download otherwise you will end up buying it from them again the missing cds.