Lossless FLAC/APE album rips in single file (can I tell if the gaps were detected before extraction?)

vbimport

Hello, I have a bunch of (legal) album rips of bands that I enjoy. I’m quite new to Lossless ripping so I got my buddy to rip a bunch of albums that I own to my PC (backups). The question I have for you guys is this. Do you think that he detected the gaps before ripping the albums? (he used EAC with FLAC and some APE) and if he did how can I tell? All the albums that he ripped were made into one big file (the entire album) with a cue sheet and log file with the big album file. If I burn these albums using the cue sheet will the burnt copies be EXACTLY like the original albums or not? It’s really important that I find this out because some of these albums are in poor condition and some of the original copies I have lent since he ripped these albums for me. Thanks.

Thanks for presuming we’re psychics who know what your ‘friend’ did. Just listen to your recordings and decide for yourself…

[QUOTE=GoldLP;2011983]Hello, I have a bunch of (legal) album rips of bands that I enjoy. I’m quite new to Lossless ripping so I got my buddy to rip a bunch of albums that I own to my PC (backups). The question I have for you guys is this. Do you think that he detected the gaps before ripping the albums? (he used EAC with FLAC and some APE) and if he did how can I tell? All the albums that he ripped were made into one big file (the entire album) with a cue sheet and log file with the big album file. If I burn these albums using the cue sheet will the burnt copies be EXACTLY like the original albums or not? It’s really important that I find this out because some of these albums are in poor condition and some of the original copies I have lent since he ripped these albums for me. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, as long as you have configured the write offset of your writer correctly, it will be EXACTLY as the original source.

** One post deleted **

@GoldLP - please mind your manners and re-read the forum rules, specifically this part:

People here give their time voluntarily, no-one has to reply to a question. So you might want to treat people with a little more respect in future.