Losing Video/Audio Synch On Movies

Hey ya’ll!

So yes, I’m a nOOb… at least to his forum! :bigsmile: I finally found the right combination of software for quickly and correctly burning DVD’s. I’m using WinAVI to convert the file to VIDEO_TS and I use ImgBurn to write them. My burner is a TDK DVDRW840G. So here’s my dilemma…

I’ve burned about 10-12 movies over the last couple weeks and they’ve all played great… except for the last two. I haven’t changed any of the settings on any of my programs, but while I’m watching the last movies I burned, they play fine for about the first 30-40 minutes, then the video will stick for a few seconds and when it comes back, the video and audio are out of synch by 5-10 seconds… VERY annoying!

What could be causing this? I just bought a lens cleaner but haven’t used it yet. I’m hoping my player just needs to be cleaned. Is there any other things I should be looking for to correct this problem?

Thanks!

I sincerely doubt it has anything to do with your player. Progressive audio/video synch problems are caused during the encoding process. If you are starting with avi files and making dvds, mp3 variable bitrate audio is a common culprit.

Look at the original files with Gspot video utility. It will tell you the codecs used in the files, and if the audio is vbr mp3 or not.

There are some other choices to convert avi files. FAVC, Avi2DVD and DVDFlick are free. ConvertXtoDVD is a popular commercial product.

Yep I agree,most likely a WinAvi issue…Try other proggy’s mentioned,FAVC is a very good one IMO!..
But are you sure it’s in synch before converting?

[quote=t0nee1;1973039]
But are you sure it’s in synch before converting?[/quote]

Ah… good question! Is there a way of determining that without watching the whole movie before I convert/burn it?

Which media player do you use? In Windows Media Player, you can click on a point further along on the timeline at the bottom of the player and advance to wherever you want in the video. Just check several spots and see if the audio and video are in sync.

[QUOTE=Jaygee61;1973026]Hey ya’ll!

So yes, I’m a nOOb… at least to his forum! :bigsmile: I [I]finally[/I] found the right combination of software for quickly and correctly burning DVD’s. I’m using WinAVI to convert the file to VIDEO_TS and I use ImgBurn to write them. My burner is a TDK DVDRW840G. So here’s my dilemma…

I’ve burned about 10-12 movies over the last couple weeks and they’ve all played great… except for the last two. I haven’t changed any of the settings on any of my programs, but while I’m watching the last movies I burned, they play fine for about the first 30-40 minutes, then the video will stick for a few seconds and when it comes back, the video and audio are out of synch by 5-10 seconds… VERY annoying!

What could be causing this? I just bought a lens cleaner but haven’t used it yet. I’m hoping my player just needs to be cleaned. Is there any other things I should be looking for to correct this problem?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

What is the source of that “videos”?
Create a new backup.

okay, I got ConvertX to DVD and it works good… slow as hell, but works! But now I have a different problem…:sad:

I DL-ed a movie that has a good portion of it in Japanese… there should be sub-titles, but they didn’t show up on the burn… how come?

[QUOTE=Jaygee61;1973899]okay, I got ConvertX to DVD and it works good… slow as hell, but works! But now I have a different problem…:sad:

[B]I DL-ed a movie[/B] that has a good portion of it in Japanese… there should be sub-titles, but they didn’t show up on the burn… how come?[/QUOTE]

Probably that is why…

Thanks for all the tips… ConvertXtoDVD is working great for me!