Lord of the Rings Two Towers *Spoilers*

Went too see this at the local flicks, on the deluxe screen last night:) All I can say is if you have seen the first one, you will not be disappointed. I gave it 8/10

Greets The Diplomat:D

Happy Christmas to the Whole cdfreaks team, and all members :cool:

How is it different from the original books by Tolkin ?

Well, there were certain parts that were downplayed and minor artistic changes to the movie. Was it me or was Frodo’s adventure with Sam shortened down alot. Half the book was devoted to it while in the movie about 40 minutes were spent on it.

Liked the movie, only I want to see some more sex. Therefor the next movie should be titled: “The Tits Of Arwen” :slight_smile:

Originally posted by dansmug
Liked the movie, only I want to see some more sex. Therefor the next movie should be titled: “The Tits Of Arwen” :slight_smile:

More sex? Yeah right. If you looked around the theater you would notice a bunch of little kids around you. Sadly, the next one is pg-13 as well, which means no nudity or sex for the little guys.

Hey, I didn’t know Arwen’s the elfin princess stripper in the book. Ok, nm.

Watched it on the 1st day, on AMC big scren. Pretty sweet movie. The ents kicked ass. Elf archers were awesome as always. The golem dude was creepy as hell w/ his split persona… oh wait, forgot some of y’all haven’t seen it yet.

I don’t know, but it seemed like Gandalf was the weakest wizard I have ever seen. The only power he had was the whole blinding light trick. ooh, a really powerful flashlight, big woop. I expected him to cast some fireballs into the enemy, but all he does is turn on his flashlight. Its a shame, I was looking for more pyrotechnics.

Man, what are you talking about? Gandolf was opening cases of whoop ass on that demon thing in the opening scene, stabbing the fool all over. That’s an awesome opening. But yeah, he could’ve done better. I expected him to take on the whole orc army on the first light of the 5th day w/ his magic, but instead he brought backup. Oh well, still a kick ass movie.

Originally posted by Stoner
Man, what are you talking about? Gandolf was opening cases of whoop ass on that demon thing in the opening scene, stabbing the fool all over. That’s an awesome opening. But yeah, he could’ve done better. I expected him to take on the whole orc army on the first light of the 5th day w/ his magic, but instead he brought backup. Oh well, still a kick ass movie.

Oooh, so he stabbed someone. A wizard is known for his magic not for his stabbing abilities. I did not see any impressive magic coming from Gandalf at all during the movie. But yes, the movie was a good film.

I think wizard in TRPG (d&d) is stronger than Gandalf.

I thought the walking and talking trees were a bit corny, especially when they went into battle. A bit OTT. Also when the castle was breached and (can’t remember all the names) but the little bloke who was on the castle parapit who tried to jump up and see what was going on, and Aragorn with the sword who jumped into the river off the top of the waterfall after being chased down and was given the kiss of life from that awesome babe(Elf). These two men came out of a hidden doorway mounted at the bottom of a tower on the castle, and the little man was thrown right into the army on the Castle ramp by Aragorn and then he joined him! I don’t know if you noticed the glitch as the 1st few of the Dark Lord’s army were at the top of the ramp exactly where the two men had placed themselves, well they walked right through them(a bit like me walking through a wall, clipping they call it in games), and then they managed to wipe a load of the army off the castle ramp. Not bad for a little Guy and Aragorn against thousands;)

But the trees going into battle, and not being flushed away when of the trees lol released the torrent of water to wash part of the Dark Lord’s army away, mind you one tree was set on fire and was pulled down but was soon rescued. Its like everyone driving their cars backwards:rolleyes: (a bit of humor “walking, talking trees”) FFS still gonna buy it on DVD when released. They did spoil it a bit at the end as Frodo(Ring Bearer) and Sam(servent) and the creature Gollum(lusting for the ring), was leading them into a trap. But Gandalf the Grey needs these 2 for the final battle. Got to wait another year for the final movie(The Return of the King), let us hope they follow the book and don’t cut bits out, I am not bothered how long the movie is on for :slight_smile:

I did drift into the movie as though I was actually there cus when the trees released the water and they were kicking ass, the Gandalf the White(The Dark Lord’s Wizard) was in the tower looking down at the battle below and I gave him the two fingers, my mates said that was good as it made me respond for the good guys, which means I loved the film. We get corny bits in all films. But all the same it was a bloody good film.

Greetz from The Diplomat:D

Happy Christmas all members and the CDfreaks Staff :bigsmile:

Made the post a bit more understandable, but still needs a little work, a bit late 2:05am Uk Had too look in the Two Towers Book to help me out, a bit hopeless with names, but good at recognition of faces from 15+ years ago :bigsmile: I am 33 now :frowning:

Obviously no one except for perhaps the people who watched the movie will understand that ramble. Even I have trouble getting the message of that post intercept. Remember, breathe deeply, settle down, collect your thoughts, and then type. :wink:

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
Was it me or was Frodo’s adventure with Sam shortened down alot. Half the book was devoted to it while in the movie about 40 minutes were spent on it.

Of course it was shortened, it was the most boring part of the book. It would have been unwatchable. I also didn’t understand much of your ramble intercept:)

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
[B]

Of course it was shortened, it was the most boring part of the book. It would have been unwatchable. I also didn’t understand much of your ramble intercept:) [/B]

Have a read again, I have made some changes ok:bow:

Greets The Diplomat:D

Have a good new year everyone;) and leave yer beer goggles at home so no plain Jane comes home with yah, I made that mistake once and saw her the next day and thought OMG and walked away lol

puts on flame suit

i was disappointed with the movie. very much so. but i read the book. the reason that only a short time was devoted to sam and frodo was because they didnt include the whole of the 2nd book in the 2nd movie.

i fell asleep. im thinking that i wont see the third one now, because i dont want to have the story from return of the king ruined for me either.

flame on

The ents roxxors!
However it should be illegal to watch 3h movies in the cinema, my ass hurt after watching the first one in theater and suprise suprise, it was the same with this one. Pleeeease gimme the movie on DVD, so I can pause and go get some more popcorn!
Overall it was a good movie, but nothing revolutionary.
Oh there was alot of uruk-hai’s.
And Gandalf’s back. Gandalf the flashlight. Maybe that’s a small revolution… :slight_smile:

I was very impressed with Gollum/Smeagol, amazing how a CG character can steal the show.

And the ents roxxors! :slight_smile: