LOPEZ - J to tha L-o

vbimport

does anyone know which protection this is......it says "will not play on PC/MAC" .
is it one of the audio protections that a Plextor burner can write but a Liteon burner can [i think i have a way round this, but i need more info first]
The cd wont be recogniosed in
(a) my Liteon 24102B or
(b) my Mitsumi 4804te

I didnt even know that was protected, I’ve got the mp3’s :)@192kbs and works wonders for me. Wonder how the guy who ripped them done it???

Alam

This cd has Key2audio protection, a hardware based protection, some readers can read it, a lot of readers can’t… Apparently this cd of J-lo has version 3 of Key2audio on it… don’t know what this version differs from others. I think I will buy this cd myself to do some research.

dont bother, i got it sorted. i reinstalled a 50x cdrom and it happened to read the disc fine.
I copied it , but "sector 0"was unreadable.
Here’s the settings used [my clony wasn’t working right]:
[u]Read[/u] (the options that were ticked)
speed:max
Read suchan. data from audio/data tracks

[u]Write[/u] (the options that were ticked)
DAO
Dont repair subchan. DATA
Close session.
=====================================
First clony 2002 said it was Key2audio protection, but then
Clony v2002 and 2006 said it was unprotected audio cd.:confused:

The indication " will not play on PC/MAC" is an indication for Key2audio. Check the innerring of the cd, it will probably state Sony Music or Sony DADC, this is also an indication of Key2audio.

clony said thats how u can tell this protection too :o

Clony isn’t always right, especially because new versions of audio-protections are developped which aren’t properly recognized by Clony.