Looping back to menus when playing

Hi,

Since about version 4 of DVDFAB came out, when I split movies on 2 discs, I can’t play them anymore on my standalone DVD player (Denon 1730). It was working perfectly with previous versions. I can play them on my computers and on my Sony standalone player but not on my Denon one. They keep looping back to the main menus. Is there something I can do ? Its very annoying. I tried several disc types (-R, +R, RW, etc.) without success. I use the lastest version 4.0.4.0 on Vista Home Premium 64-bit. My writer is a Samsung SH-203B with the latest firmware. I am in region 1. Please help.

Probably a media problem. What media do you use (MID Code)? Use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.

Regards

Yes, I tried the Verbatim discs. I even tried on another computer with Windows XP with a different writer and still the same problem.

Then you have a media/player compatibility issue. Or the player needs its laser cleaned.

Regards

Hi,

Many of us are having this problem - split discs won’t play in most standalone DVD players in DVDFAB PLAT 4, including the latest update 4.0.4.0 beta - they are working on fixing the problem - I’ve been using Customize to split (using Advanced Title Settings) while waiting for it to be fixed.

See threads:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-4-0-beta-235747/index4.html

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-3-6-beta-235340/

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-plat-4-0-3-0-splitting-234837/

To make it easier for you & everyone, you might want to continue your discussion regarding this in the 4.0.4.0 beta thread, & then in the next update thread, so we can test, report back, & help them sort this out. :slight_smile:

Thanks Janine R ! Very appreciated.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

I was also quite relieved to find that others were having this problem - I was going quite insane (almost there anyway! lol) thinking that I was the only one & that I would never figure out what was wrong all of a sudden when it had worked fine for me for so long!

Hi Janine R,
Did you test the new version 4.0.5.0 ? I am curious to see if it will work …

Dear all,

There is compatibility problem for “Split” mode on some standalone DVD players. We will rewrite “Split” in near future, please wait.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[quote=Izno76;1974229]Hi Janine R,
Did you test the new version 4.0.5.0 ? I am curious to see if it will work …[/quote]

Hi Izno - no, I haven’t tried it yet, but according to Fengtao above, it’s still being worked on. As it worked OK in previous versions, hopefully they will be able to fix the problem!

Izno - Are you able to use Customize to spit OK? So far, it’s working OK for me. You actually have more options using Customize, anyway - you just have to decide for yourself which chapters to put on each disc. The only thing I see that you lose is you won’t have the INSERT DISC 1 or 2 graphic appear, but I would guess that most folks wouldn’t consider that essential.

Hi Janine R,
No I didn’t try the “Customize” yet. I will try it and let you know if it works for me. Thanks !

[quote=Izno76;1974378]Hi Janine R,
No I didn’t try the “Customize” yet. I will try it and let you know if it works for me. Thanks ![/quote]

In case you haven’t done it before, you have to click on ADVANCE TITLE SETTINGS in Customize to choose your chapters on each disc.