Lookout Clonedvd the new Dvd2one is better

vbimport

Having bought Elby Clonedvd, i decided to give Dvd2one a try for comparison
purposes. Well within the last couple of days i’ve tested both with 10
different films,and to my surprise Dvd2one wins everytime in the quality
stakes. Now hopefully the next version of Clonedvd will restore my faith in the product,or i’ll have to ask for a refund.

Although dvd2one is a quality product (very fast) and i still use it now and then i dont think it is anywhere as good as clonedvd…
To me its still very basic and lacks in a lot of functions that clonedvd has…

Dallshead,
It may lack some of the functions that Clonedvd have,but give me quality over functions anytime.

Are you saying that you can visually see a BETTER picture with DVD2ONE at the same compression level?

Nero Recode 2.x claims to have a better picture quality, but I can only confirm the speed improvement. So far, I have not seen any visual improvement given the same level of video compression with various “shrink” programs. Perhaps a magnified still picture will be more revealing…but then we’re not doing a real-world performance test.

Can I split to two DVDs with DVD2one? Can I edit the start and end of the main movie title? And how is the support? Shrink/Recode would be best for the experienced users. However, CloneDVD is still the best PURE DVD backup program for the majority of people. Note that you need AnyDVD to backup with CloneDVD.

Furballi,
Yes the tests i did was for Movie only ignoring all the other crap that’s contain
on a film. As i said before i’ve paid good money for Clonedvd, so i’m entitled to be biased towards Clonedvd. Yet all my tests indicates that Dvd2one is far better in the
quality stakes. I’m not blinkered towards any products i tell it as i see it.

I assume the refund part was a joke, right? 'cause you probably won’t get one. You got the product you’ve paid for.

“Hey dealer, I want to refund my used Toshiba Notebook, 'cause there is a new IBM model”

If you like DVD2One and wish to use it and have the cash, then you should buy it. You can use CloneDVD to write the result of DVD2One to disc.

Not to mention, that it cannot write the result to a disc.

Not to mention, that it cannot write the result to a disc.

so we have a claim that this DVD2One is better than cloneDVD and DVD2One wont even burn a disc? ROFL

If you like DVD2One and wish to use it and have the cash, then you should buy it. You can use CloneDVD to write the result of DVD2One to disc

I can also use Decrypter/Nero etc.etc. But the topic is not about writing the
result it’s about the QUALITY comparison of Dvd2one and Clonedvd.

You are missing one very important benefit of Clonedvd…Olli!

That’s your choice.

And? As I said, if you like DVD2One go ahead and buy it.
CloneDVD & DVD2One are very different products. DVD2One is only a transcoder, CloneDVD2 is a all in one solution, including splitting, burning, etc.

Chas0039,
Maybe so… Are you saying that noone should criticise Clonedvd?It seems to me that some of the replies contributed to this post is biased towards Clonedvd.

olli even if dvd2 one is better than clone dvd(which it isn’t} i would never disrespect your program, you have done a great service to us all.

Olli on a different note if a dvd disc has 2 version of the same movie[ i don’t mean widescreen or no letterbox] how to tell which on is extened or theat version they even have same running time

Criticism is fine with me. But threats like “you have to improve your product, or I’ll ask for a refund” are annoying and :Z

Very unlikely, that two different versions have the same runtime. Check, if they reference the same video material. Watch the quality bar. If you can select both with no difference, than select both. Other than that, check the preview and try to figure out which is which (very annoying on multi angle titles). Ot use your DVD player software and remember the title / angle numbers.

Threats.what Threats? Looks like i’ve touch a nerve!!.

You did:
“Hey dealer, I want to refund my used Toshiba Notebook, 'cause there is a new IBM model”

Having read between the lines it seems that some animosity between Clonedvd and
Dvd2one exists. Had it been Dvdshrink vs Clondvd i wondered if the response would be different.