Looking to replace Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 Disc Creator

vbimport

Hi

I’m looking to replace the above product - recommnded years ago by good old Loobster (is he still around?).

I record from my Virgin V+ box onto a Panny DMR-ES15 - then rip and edit the VOB’s using DVD Decrypter and Womble respectively - as these are intuitive products.

I then edit, author and burn the mpeg using Ulead DMF V3 - so ideally I would like the same type of product.

The reason I’m asking - is that I have to make sure I get a product that allows me to author DVD’s recorded from my V+ box.

Thanks in anticipation

John

What is it you want to do that cannot be done with the Ulead software you are now using?

[QUOTE=jonno65;2529776]I’m looking to replace the above product - recommnded years ago by good old Loobster (is he still around?).[/QUOTE]Unfortunately Loob has not been around here much, maybe once last year, and I don’t think his guide is there either ;).

But yes, why are you looking to change from DVDMF-3?

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2530478]Unfortunately Loob has not been around here much, maybe once last year, and I don’t think his guide is there either ;).

But yes, why are you looking to change from DVDMF-3?[/QUOTE]

Hi - well only really looking to upgrade from DVD MF3 - but I’m aware there were two products in each version. I bought MF3 ‘Disc Creator’ - because it will allow me to author stuff I’d recorded off telly. The versions now have ‘plus’ - is this the version I need to author DVD’s recorded from TV.

Thanks
John

Hi again John: sorry to appear obtuse, but why do you want to upgrade? The new versions of DVD-MF may not give you any further advantages if you haven’t changed your recording process.

I had the Disc Creator version of DVD-MF too, but stopped using it when Womble brought out their DVD version of MPEG Video Wizard. It was so much easier to author the menus in that, rather than fire up DVD-MF. Then used ImgBurn to burn the output DVD folders to disc.

Thanks IMKIDD.
I guess that I do not really need to upgrade - as I have products that do the job well. I have not tried Womble Video Wizard. I presume it will create the VOB files so that you can burn using either Imgburn or Nero.

Regards
John