My current configuration is:
SATA 1: 200GB Western Digital
IDE Primary Master: 80GB Seagate
IDE Primary Slave: Lite-On LTR-52327S
IDE Secondary Master: Lite-On SOHW-812S (that seems to make coasters 3/4 of the time now)
IDE Secondary Slave: Pioneer DRW-110D
I am looking at removing the SOHW-812S and replacing it with another hard drive. It doesn’t burn too well anymore, but it’s still better at reading in my experience than any of my other drives for DVDs (especially protected ones).
What I want, then, is to take out the SOHW-812S but also replace my old LTR-52327S with a newer drive that can handle DVDs. What I want is a drive that:
- Can read and write CDs at at least 48x
- Can read and write DVDs at at least 12x
- Has good write quality with most CDs and DVD-R media (I don’t use +R or DL much, but good support for them would still be a bonus)
- Handles reading and writing protected CDs (both games and audio) well
- Has either no Riplock, or Riplock that can be disabled
- Generally handles well with damaged media
- Doesn’t cost much
So, what do you think would be my best options and why?