Looking to find more bands

Hi, I listen to music like Evanescence, Nightwish and Within Temptation and I’m looking to find some more music that I could listen to. I’m not really picky. I prefer lyrics not be all sad/emo though :confused:

You should try out websites like last.fm and pandora.com the point in their sites is so that you can get into more bands you havent heard of.

nods I used Pandora for quite a bit of time. However, with the latest problems they have I can no longer use them. They can’t broadcast to Canada, and well… that’s where I am. I’ll look into last.fm though. Thanks

The best thing I have found is to go with the record labels that seem to focus on that kind of music and sample their bands: i.e. Nuclear Blast/Century Media, War Records, Metal Blade. Might I also suggest giving Lacuna Coil a listen (You can find them on century media’s website as well).

try My Dying Bride, Novembers Doom, Primordial

Mastodon, Queens of the Stone Age and The Mars Volta come to mind.

Porcupine Tree

[QUOTE=LOCOENG;1808327]Mastodon, Queens of the Stone Age and The Mars Volta come to mind.[/QUOTE]

Queens is great. Mastodon is cool too; they did the opening metal song for the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie.

Diggin’ the avatar pic, too LOCOENG.

[QUOTE=Tywynn;1796391]Hi, I listen to music like Evanescence, Nightwish and Within Temptation and I’m looking to find some more music that I could listen to. I’m not really picky. I prefer lyrics not be all sad/emo though :/[/QUOTE]

If your still around and your still not real picky. I suggest trying to listen to something you normally wouldn’t and broaden your musical taste. I’m sure that’s what you were trying to do after I re read your post. You could start with a different genre or if you like go to the roots of the music you like now. That’s always a good thing to do. Check out where these styles originated from, and alot times you will end up liking the originals better.