Looking to buy a copy of plextools pro xl 3.13

vbimport

Posted By musicfirst
Hi

I hope the title is self explanitory.:confused:

I posted this elswhere:doh:, but thought this might reach a better target audience

If anyone can offer a source for purchasing this legacy software, it would be greatly appreciated. From what I’ve read release 3.16 has a couple of bugs, so 3.13 is the goto release:bigsmile:

Do you really need XL? If not you might find that Plextools LE has all the features you need. The latest version of LE is 3.13.

Remember that 3.13 XL is copy protected so you need a copy that has not been activated before. LE and XL 3.16 are not copy protected.

James.

[QUOTE=musicfirst;2534131]Posted By musicfirst
[I]Hi [/I]

[I]I hope the title is self explanitory.:confused: [/I]

[I]I posted this elswhere:doh:, but thought this might reach a better target audience[/I]

[I]If anyone can offer a source for purchasing this legacy software, it would be greatly appreciated. From what I’ve read release 3.16 has a couple of bugs, so 3.13 is the goto release:bigsmile:[/I][/QUOTE]
Where did you read that 3.16 is buggy?

James,

See this thread:

The long and short of it is that version 3.16 does not correctly adjust the read and write offsets for the cd/dvd drive, as was the case with prior versions of plextools. I don’t mean any random optical drive: it fails to do so with Plextor drives! I’ve personally tested a Premium and 712A - and it flops when it comes to this very basic functionality.

Since there is no way to manually enter the correct offsets, it renders the program useless for any sort of CD ripping or writing. Well, for me anyhow, as I like to compare my results to the AccurateRip database, and for that you need to rip with the correct offsets!

I honestly can’t believe they never bothered to fix this.

In case they did fix this, or there is a way to adjust the offset settings manually, please advise.

Anthony

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2534731]Where did you read that 3.16 is buggy?[/QUOTE]

Plextools & Plextools XL is no longer supported (or being sold):

PlexTools Professional LE and PlexTools Professional XL have been discontinued and is no longer supported. Please download and install PlexUtilities from the download section.

http://www.plextoramericas.com/index.php/faq/4-firmare-issues/152-what-is-the-difference-between-plextools-professional-le-plextools-professional-xl-and-plexutilities-

You can get it but can’t buy it, your best bet is to buy an “OEM” CD that came w/ a Plextor drive or…well you know.

I think that Plextools Professional XL is now free
and the latest version 3.16 can be dowloaded from here (an official Plextor site):
http://www.plextor-digital.com/index.php/component/option,com_jdownloads/Itemid,55/cid,470/task,view.download/