Looking for Video converter that can convert to 1680X1050 widescreen

vbimport

Im using several converters but cannot convert to 1680X1050 Widescreen. I have format factory, 4easysoft,ijoysoftmand wondershare. Can anyone help i would like to convert my entire video library.

[QUOTE=Blaircroft;2576913]Im using several converters but cannot convert to 1680X1050 Widescreen. I have format factory, 4easysoft,ijoysoftmand wondershare. Can anyone help i would like to convert my entire video library.[/QUOTE]

Little more info is needed as to what kinda widescreen format that is and what your trying to convert to?? Have you tried Convertxtodvd to see if it can work? The program has a free trial period but for full usage you have to purchase the registration to get full options.

[QUOTE=Blaircroft;2576913]Im using several converters but cannot convert to 1680X1050 Widescreen. I have format factory, 4easysoft,ijoysoftmand wondershare. Can anyone help i would like to convert my entire video library.[/QUOTE]

What kind of videos? If they aren’t already Hi-Def the quality will actually suffer from upsizing them. Not to mention they will take up a lot more storage space. And the time wasted in re-encoding them…I’d let my player software do the job.:flower:

Modern video codecs work by dividing the video into macroblocks of 16 x 16 pixels. This means your encoder needs resolutions that are evenly divisible by 16 (or at least 8). Trying to make a video with a height of 1050 will produce a video with “garbage” information at the edges, since 1050 is not divisible by 16. This will degrade the quality of the encoding, or give you very inefficient compression.

You should encode to standard 720p or 1080p (depending if your source is HD to begin with) and let your player or tv screen scale the video.

Edit: And Olyteddy is right about not converting standard def to higher resolutions. It will simply degrade the picture quality.