Looking for USB DVD burner with error scan capability

vbimport

I recently bought a Samsung SE-218 and an LG GP-40 for use with ultrabooks. Neither can do error scans with Nero DiscSpeed v7. Are there any USB drives that support C1/C2 and PIE/PIF error scans? Or conversely, is there an application that will give me error scans on these drives (I assume the limitation is the drive, not the software)?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=djmcg52;2728247]I recently bought a Samsung SE-218 and an LG GP-40 for use with ultrabooks. Neither can do error scans with Nero DiscSpeed v7. Are there any USB drives that support C1/C2 and PIE/PIF error scans? Or conversely, is there an application that will give me error scans on these drives (I assume the limitation is the drive, not the software)?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

djmcg52 - Where are you located? One suggestion is to get a BenQ DW1620/DW1640 or clone (see here) and put it in an external USB case. Those BenQ models are a couple of the better CD scanners ever made, and there are still many clones available via eBay that can be crossflashed to a DW1620/DW1640. Or you might look for an external DW1640 clone such as the DRX-810UL; there are also many of those available via eBay.