Looking for the best CD-RW for Safedisc 2

vbimport

Currently I am looking for a CD burner that can copy Safedisc 2 CDs because I have this crappy burner (Smart and Friendly SAF CD-RW 4424A) that I think it can only make coasters with the new Safedisc protection.

that would be an acer 1208 a or higher 1210 or so…

The newest Plextor 24/10/40A does correct EFM decoding and RAW + 96.

read some tests and did go for the new plex 24 speed but…
in tests shows the plex failed some writings on some media while the new lite-on 24 speed burned everything and quiker too…
i just bought the less expensive lite-on and i must say this thing rocks…!!
(i’m not a newbie)

If ya have the money: PLEXTOR!

Then you won’t have to complain if after 1 year and 2 days your Lite-On stops working!
:cool:

I agree with the people here:

Go for a Liteon 24x if you haven’t got a lot of money.
Go for a Plex 24x if you can afford it.
Stay away from Philips (SD2 is about the only thing thay can do).
Acer is pretty ok but it lacks in reading abilities…

Yep gotta be a plex,i’ve got 1 now and it’s the biz:D

Dont ask me,i aint all there

it was not the money i was after… i could buy ten if i would…
it was the tests i had been looking for…so at the moment lite-on
with clone is a perfect match while plex is staying behind…
…and if he’s broke then i buy another one…
:>)

Originally posted by esdee
it was not the money i was after… i could buy ten if i would…
it was the tests i had been looking for…so at the moment lite-on
with clone is a perfect match while plex is staying behind…
…and if he’s broke then i buy another one…
:>)

lite-on won’t do SD 2 (unless you play the disk in your own burner)
The new Plex is A-OK (good quality, does SD2), but it takes ages 2 create an image on harddisk, so use a good reader (I prefer the Plex 40X SCSI reader or the AOpen 48 X reader NOT the AOPEN 50 or 52X readers)
Some prefer a DVD reader, but I can’t tell as CloneCD creates an error and hangs if I connect any CD drive to my RAID controller (my DVD is on the RAID controller now, guess I’ll have 2 get a SCSI DVD reader)

Of course I know how to copy disks. Where’s the xerox machine?

quote:
lite-on won’t do SD 2 (unless you play the disk in your own burner)

don’t talk about things you don’t know my friend …my lite-on 24x10x40 copies sd2 protection in a sec…and is readable in every cd-rom there’s outthere…(i wrote sd2 for some people)
and my toshiba dvd1502 is highly recommended by our friend olli(clonecd)quote:all toshiba dvd’s are highly recommended…
read before you say something…

I have an hp9500i (12x8x32 I think) as the reader, and I just purchased an Acer 1610a (16x10x40) as the writer. Suppossed to be a really good combonation. Any comments are welcomed. Has anyone used this writer in the past…is it any good…really. I bought the thing for $91.00 us…lookin some more insight.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K

Go for a Liteon 24x if you haven’t got a lot of money.
Go for a Plex 24x if you can afford it.
Stay away from Philips (SD2 is about the only thing thay can do).
Acer is pretty ok but it lacks in reading abilities…

Vote that but if you buy a plex make sure you have the best firmware 1.1(newest isn’t always the best)

Hi Pirate,
You have 2 choices, either a Plex 24x or a LiteOn 24x. The LiteOn does exactly what the Plex can do (& more) and is approximately £60 cheaper. I’m using a Toshiba DVD-ROM (SD-M1502) & the LiteOn (24102B) in conjunction with CloneCD 3.0.8.2, and I have yet to find a disc that I cannot copy.

Regards
Pegasus