Looking for Test Results on LTR-52246S and LTR-52327S

vbimport

I’m looking to replace my old Aopen 48x12x50 in one of my systems. I want to get the Premium, but I might not have the money for another one.

What do you guys think is good. I want the best speed and quality. Price, is not really an object, as besides, the Premium and the F1 are the only ones I can’t afford.

What do you guys think of the quality of the LTR-52246S and the LTR-52327S? Both are fast enough for me.

Can you please hook me up with CD Doctor, K’s Probe or Q-Check screens of disks burned on these drives at top speed? I really want to have the C1 Max, Average, and Total.

The tests would have to be burned on the real burner (not overclocked garbage.)

You’ll have to wait maybe a week for mass reviews to roll in. Meanwhile, you can check out the 52327S review by HardwareZone. I wouldn’t take the review for more than a grain of salt though, as it’s just too damn simple. Where’s the real tests? No KProbe? No testing scratched up disc? Pressed CD Vs. CDR? What the hell did he expect from cheap ass media? TY and Ritek quality results? Wait for real reviews by CDFreaks, CDRLabs, or CDRInfo.

There are an abundance of posted tests on the 52246S here, as well as reviews. Consider doing a simple search and looking at the reviews. The media test threads are full of scans done on the 52246S. And, as you are so fond of pointing out, the 7S has not yet been tested.

Well, it hasn’t been tested thouroughly, but considering that people who ordered it from newegg will have thier drives rolling in soon, I expect to see something. That HardwareZone review simply sucked. I did some searches and I found some results, and they looked pretty darn good as well. Just wondering if anything has more.

Originally posted by Stoner
Wait for real reviews by CDFreaks, CDRLabs, or CDRInfo.

Well I agree with you on CDFreaks (duuuhhh) and CDRInfo, but I think the reviews of CDRLabs are just as low (a little bit higher, but not much) as those of Hardwarezone.

Umm… no. Why you dissing Ian? CDRLabs does their homework when it comes to doing reviews, unlike HardWareZone, who selects the simpliest tests to run and don’t put much effort into anything except for ass kissing. Shit, and I was wondering how they got so much stuff to review.

Originally posted by Namoh
[B]

Well I agree with you on CDFreaks (duuuhhh) and CDRInfo, but I think the reviews of CDRLabs are just as low (a little bit higher, but not much) as those of Hardwarezone. [/B]

Hmmm, you might want to take that back before you get flamed the heck out of :wink: Placing CDRlabs below CDRInfo?! Now that’s a dis! CDRLabs reviews are excellent IMO.

Originally posted by aviationwiz

Both are fast enough for me.

The tests would have to be burned on the real burner (not overclocked garbage.)
Is the speed what matters to you most ? Ain’t you into quality burning instead ? :wink:
Oh boy, open your mind and get rid of all those gimmicks.

Hmm, would you please define what you meant when saying " o/c garbage " ? :confused:

Well I agree with you on CDFreaks (duuuhhh) and CDRInfo, but I think the reviews of CDRLabs are just as low (a little bit higher, but not much) as those of Hardwarezone.

It is not wise to use the words “CDFreaks” and “CDRInfo” in the same sentence young padawan… :wink:

Originally posted by dhc014
CDRLabs reviews are excellent IMO.

IMO 2 :slight_smile:

There’s something to be learned from ANY review. Especially when the reviewer’s “data” doesn’t support his conclusions. As for the 52327S, mine’s in the air as we speak!
Ian is such a prolific reviewer, thank god, you can’t discount the value of all his reviews. I wish we did as many.

[B]

Well I agree with you on CDFreaks (duuuhhh) and CDRInfo, but I think the reviews of CDRLabs are just as low (a little bit higher, but not much) as those of Hardwarezone. [/B]

My player hater detecter went off and it pointed me to this thread. :wink:

Well Ian, as long as you’re here…
How DO you get all that cool stuff to review?

My player hater detecter

Is named cfitz, I’ll wager. :bigsmile:

No, it wasn’t cfitz.

How do I get cool stuff to review? These days its pretty easy. The key thing is to have a good working relationship with a company. Keep the channels of communication open and when they say something is not for public knowledge, keep your trap shut. Leaking information is one way to burn bridges very quickly. :wink:

The key thing is to have a good working relationship with a company

And you were about to PM me with your list of contacts, right? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]Is the speed what matters to you most ? Ain’t you into quality burning instead ? :wink:
Oh boy, open your mind and get rid of all those gimmicks.

Hmm, would you please define what you meant when saying " o/c garbage " ? :confused: [/B]

Overclocked Garbage is anything that is Overclocked.

Overclocked Garbage is anything that is Overclocked.

There’s really no such thing as an “overclocked” drive. What is it that you mean by “overclocked”? Flashing a drive with another firmware from the same manufacturer is not overclocking anything. If you’re talking about hacked firmware, or using firmware from one drive seller on a drive from another brand, that’s another discussion.
Plextor is currently selling an “overclocked” 48x24x drive and calling it “Premium”, so would it then be considered “garbage”?

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Well Ian, as long as you’re here…
How DO you get all that cool stuff to review?

[quote]My player hater detecter
Is named cfitz, I’ll wager. :bigsmile: [/QUOTE]To quote the dinocon himself, how did I get dragged into this? :wink: :smiley:

As Ian said, 'twasn’t me…

cfitz

Originally posted by rdgrimes

There’s really no such thing as an “overclocked” drive. What is it that you mean by “overclocked”? Flashing a drive with another firmware from the same manufacturer is not overclocking anything. If you’re talking about hacked firmware, or using firmware from one drive seller on a drive from another brand, that’s another discussion.
Plextor is currently selling an “overclocked” 48x24x drive and calling it “Premium”, so would it then be considered “garbage”?

Overclocked drives are, example: Lite-On 40x to 48x. It was not made to be the 48x, so if you want a 48x, go out and get one. Besides, it is provewn (somewhere in CDRLabs forums) that overclocking drives decreases quality.

The Premium is not an overclocked drive, as it did not start as a 48x, it started as a 52x (and mine will remain that way.)

So yeah, flashing a drives firmware with one other than it’s own.

aviationwiz
You have a significant lack of understanding about hardware and firmware and how drives work. Let me try to explain a couple things.

1. The Plex Premium is the exact same hardware as the 48x24x drive, only with new firmware and software to enable the speed and software gizmos like gigarec. It is, by your deffinition, an overclocked drive.
  2. The LiteOn drives you mention are also the exact same hardware, only with different firmware. Nobody has ever found any difference between them. Flashing the 40x to 48x, or 48x to 52x has sometimes seen mixed results, but so has doing a simple firmware update with the flasher provided by the drive’s maker.
  3. Nobody has ever “proven” that flashing has any impact on a drive’s performace, (in terms of lower quality), and there are certainly a bunch of people posting here that can show you that it does not.
    Since you apparently have no direct experience with any of this, perhaps you should read more and talk less?

Restrains self from cracking up after reading aviation’s post

Man, you need to get your facts straight before dishing out comments like that. A 48x Lite-On flashed w/ 52x Lite-On f/w is just as good as a factory 52x Lite-On. Read up the KProbe thread.