Looking for RPC-1 FW for LG GWA-4165B

vbimport

This is the “SuperDrive” of a Mac Power G5. As the rpc-1.org site is down at the moment, You guys here are my only recourse.
Some tips about how to find rpc-1 firmware for it and advice as to the appropriate flasher for Mac (PPC) would be gratefully received.

[QUOTE=Xanrov;2648350]This is the “SuperDrive” of a Mac Power G5. [B]As the rpc-1.org site is down at the moment[/B], You guys here are my only recourse.
Some tips about how to find rpc-1 firmware for it and advice as to the appropriate flasher for Mac (PPC) would be gratefully received.[/QUOTE]

Nope, try again.

And before you even try anything, you would need an APPLE firmware anyway.

I Just tried afew minutes ago RPC-1. Org is still unreachable ( here in Paris , at least)
And , yes , I have Apple software : Liggy & Dee necflash, devilclaw’s flasher, DVRFlash, etc.
I thought it was clear That rpc1 firmwre is what I need (if it exists ,of course)

RPC1(dot)org is up for me in the U.S.

How odd that it’s not available for you in your location.

Looking around the database, I do not see firmware for the OEM drive (GWA-4165B), but there is some form of firmware for the retail equivalent GSA-4165B.

On The Dangerous Bros. site (hosted by RPC1(dot)org), there is a “beta” version of RPC1 firmware for the G[B]S[/B]A-4165B. In order to crossflash the drive and make use of that firmware, you might have to use a Windows machine to do the flashing.

[QUOTE=Xanrov;2648425]I Just tried afew minutes ago RPC-1. Org is still unreachable ( here in Paris , at least)
And , yes , I have Apple software : Liggy & Dee necflash, devilclaw’s flasher, DVRFlash, etc.
I thought it was clear That rpc1 firmwre is what I need (if it exists ,of course)[/QUOTE]

Then your provider has a [B]DNS problem[/B].

You can crossflash your drive, but you will lose all Apple features with that.

[QUOTE=chef;2648704]Then your provider has a [B]DNS problem[/B].

You can crossflash your drive, but you will lose all Apple features with that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, chef , you were right on .My Ip has DNS problems , rpc1.org is perfectly reachable here with other IP’s

Checked out TDBs resource?