Looking for RICOHJPN-R02 in Bestbuy

vbimport

Anybody knows what brand to look?

I have enough stock of TY and MCC, just wanted to try something different on my drive.

I tried TDK 8x 50 pack (on sale for 29.99) and it was CMC. Last week I picked up Memorex 8x 25 pack it was also CMC.

I bought a 25 pak of TDK DVD+R RICHOHJPNR02 in BB.
They have different cake box styles where I am.
This one has a scalloped edge at the top kinda like “finger holds”, black bottom with a big lip.
They now have 50 paks that look completley different, don’t know what they are.
My results with the RICOHJPNR02 is not that impressive. OK but not like R01’s.

Or you could try to find Fujifilm 8X DVD+R that specifically says Made in Taiwan on the packaging. These should be RICOHJPNR02 and can be found at Bestbuy.

By the way… I took a pic of one of the new style white bottom TDK 8X spindles.
Those spindles look very similar to the ones that Lead Data uses.
I’ll post a pic when I can.

Thanks folks!!

Best Buy this week I got TDK 8x+R 50 cake box that are RICOHJPNR02 for around $29.00 on sale. Burn well at 4x & 8x in Liteon 851@832, 832 & NEC 2500 & 2510.

:slight_smile:

Did the RICOHJPNR02 package look like this?

That looks like a TY spindle except its white rather than black.

Nope, TY style spindles bubble out more on the bottom and have black colored bases.
This looks more like the spindles that Lead Data is now using (as seen with GQ media).

I just returned TDK 8x 50 pack yesterday, it was CMC, thin black bottom. My local bb doesnt have the white TDK like Wesociety’s pic. I guess I have to wait until Fuji is on sale again.

Just bought today Fuji DVD+R Discs (in a superstore). Checked, it is RICOHJPNR02. So, look for Fuji.

TDK 8X +R 25 pack from Best Buy edit: location MI, main media aisle, (the shelves were not organized well, with spots of CDs and DVDs here & there, brands were not even grouped together)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:RICOHJPN-R02-003]
Disc Type :              [DVD+R]
Manufacturer ID :        [RICOHJPN]
Manufacturer Name :      [Ricoh Company Ltd.]
Media Type ID :          [R02]
Product Revision :       [003]
Disc Application Code :  [General Purpose]
Recording Speeds :       [1x , 2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]
Blank Disc Capacity :    [2,295,104 Sectors = 4,482.6MB = 4.38GB (4.70GB)]

I’ve had pretty poor results from Ricoh R02 (TDK and Fujifilm branded) on both my 812S and my PX-712A…

I wouldn’t call my results poor but they sure don’t compare to Ricoh R01…
Even burning at the rated speed of 8x they don’t burn as nice.

You try them in all your burners?

Yes, I burned them in all my burners.
16x, 12x and 8x in the 1620
12x and 8x in the 712A
8x in the 812S
8x in the 800A

They actually burn better at higher speeds than at 8x.

Could be just my batch or the TDK batch.
Not real impressed with TDK branded media lately…

Agree. :wink:

BTW, this is my result of this media when burned on Lite-On SOHW-812S.

So has anyone purchased 8X TDK DVD+R in a white spindle such as the picture I attached above, and if so can you report the MID ??

One question which I think should be important, why can’t the mfgs provide the MID info somewhere on the label where all the other specs are listed? That way consumers can tell what type of blank media they are getting before purchasing that product. I guess mfgs don’t do this since we a good # of ppl know what are considered ‘great’, ‘good’, & ‘poor’ qlt discs

Very good question and an idea at the same time!!! :iagree:

And you answered your genuine question: it is not in their interest.

Skith I bought a spindle of those before, they were indeed Ricoh R02. I went to a local BestBuy today and saw a 25-disc spindle of TDK 8x DVD-R in that same-style cakebox. I once bought one of the 8x -R 25 spindles that came in a normal cakebox and they were TTG02, so I wonder what could those have been? Oh well, I didn’t fell like buying it to find out.