Looking For QUALITY DVDR's

vbimport

What RECENTLY PURCHASED discs are you currently getting quality burns from & specifically WHERE & when did you purchase them?

I am looking for discs that will at least score a 97 with less then 100 total PI Failures on most burns.

As I’ve had bad luck with everything I’ve tried the last few months on several different burners, I would really appreciate knowing of other’s positive experiences.

Mostly concerned with DVDR’s, for cdr’s TY is giving me OK results at the moment, though not as good as pre-jvc.

TIA!

[QUOTE=MooMooMooMoo;2540740]I am looking for discs that will at least score a 97 with less then 100 total PI Failures on most burns.[/QUOTE] I think you need to lower your expectations to a more realistic level. I’ve never had any media that consistently burned and scanned with less than 100 PIF (although I’ve had single discs that did so).

[QUOTE=MooMooMooMoo;2540740]What RECENTLY PURCHASED discs are you currently getting quality burns from & specifically WHERE & when did you purchase them?

I am looking for discs that will at least score a 97 with less then 100 total PI Failures on most burns.

As I’ve had bad luck with everything I’ve tried the last few months on several different burners, I would really appreciate knowing of other’s positive experiences.

Mostly concerned with DVDR’s, for cdr’s TY is giving me OK results at the moment, though not as good as pre-jvc.

TIA![/QUOTE]
That’s a mighty tall order there Tex! What burner(s) are you using again? I can do some test burns for you then you can decide. If you want the best possible burns I would say buy 8x +R TY silver thermal.

I don’t think you can really expect to get that kind of consistently low PIF totals on every or even
on most of your discs with any brand of disc that is out on the market today. :disagree: Yeah you might get
that low of a PIF total on maybe a very few discs but that is beyond all hope of getting those kind of
totals on every or even on most of the discs being burned.

I’d have to agree with jamescooley1 on getting 8x +R TY discs as it would be your best bet to get low
but [U][B]not [/B][/U]always under 100 PIF totals you can always expect to get a couple of or several hundred PIF
totals from 8x +R TY discs. :iagree:

James, thanks for the tips. i will try the TY +, I’ve only used TY -'s. Is there any vendors you’ve had particular success in sourcing quality discs from? I know all vendor’s stock SHOULD all be the same, but they don’t seem to be.

My current burners include an Optiarc AD7200-S, an Optiarc AD7220-A,
a cheap LG HLDS GH30N that came with a Dell (I know I need to replace this one!), & an older but low hours Pioneer 109 that’s currently not hooked up for burns, but could be if needed.

To getit29, I have seen that quality frequently in the past with TY, Falcon, & Made in UAE Verbs (though it quality seems to have gone down across the board in the last year). At this time what I have around the house are my last 100 pack of Verbs which are averaging around 800 PIF’s, & a pack of TY - value line that are averaging around 3000 pif’s.

I was getting great results from the made in UAE VERB’s, until my last 3 packs. With the 1st 2 the quality seemed to be getting inconsistent, & the one I have now is almost always showing at least 700 pif’s.

Just ordered a new cake of TY premium -'s.

[QUOTE=MooMooMooMoo;2541016]James, thanks for the tips. i will try the TY +, I’ve only used TY -'s. Is there any vendors you’ve had particular success in sourcing quality discs from? I know all vendor’s stock SHOULD all be the same, but they don’t seem to be.

My current burners include an Optiarc AD7200-S, an Optiarc AD7220-A,
a cheap LG HLDS GH30N that came with a Dell (I know I need to replace this one!), & an older but low hours Pioneer 109 that’s currently not hooked up for burns, but could be if needed.

To getit29, I have seen that quality frequently in the past with TY, Falcon, & Made in UAE Verbs (though it quality seems to have gone down across the board in the last year). At this time what I have around the house are my last 100 pack of Verbs which are averaging around 800 PIF’s, & a pack of TY - value line that are averaging around 3000 pif’s.

I was getting great results from the made in UAE VERB’s, until my last 3 packs. With the 1st 2 the quality seemed to be getting inconsistent, & the one I have now is almost always showing at least 700 pif’s.

Just ordered a new cake of TY premium -'s.[/QUOTE]
TY -R 8x would be my 3rd choice behind +R 16X verbs either MIT or MIUAE, I find all of these excellent burning. With you being in Cal. you would probably get MII verbs from NewEgg so don’t go there. Rima.com media is usually the best for me. Also these TDK’s are Falcon PRO notice the price for 200 if you want good -R :bow: I’m getting excellent burns with my 7200S with 1.Z3 firmware.
http://www.meritline.com/tdk-16x-dvd-r-white-inkjet-hub-printable---p-39868.aspx
http://www.rima.com/prod/1733-100.html

Here are some typical everyday results that I have been getting from my burns for the last year or
so and on different burners at times. These burns were all done at 8x on what I consider to be my
best and most consistent burner and scanner that I have ever owned.

These 3 discs right here are what I would consider IMO to be the best of the best that is out on the
market at the moment but still none are miracle discs that scan below 100 PIF total consistently all
the time. Yeah I’ve had a very few scan at 100 or below on PIF total but they are extremely far and
few between discs.

First up is a TY Yuden000 T02 +R 8x burned and scanned @8x on my iHAS424
Second up is a TYG02 -R 8x burned and scanned @8x on the 424
Third up is a FTI produced MIUAE TDK TTH002 8x -R burned and scanned @8x on the 424

and lastly just for giggles :bigsmile: I’ve thrown in a MCC 004 16x +R MIT burned and scanned @8x on the 424
and it seems to me at least as you can see MIT MCC004 quality has gone down hill over the years. :frowning: :doh:

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I will try all, at this point I’d be thrilled to death just to see 265 total pif!

ordered:
1 pack TDK from Meritline
1 pack TY + From Rima
1 pack TY- pro From Super Media (the other day)

here are some typical results, all are very good quality
TTH02 from Meritline
TYG02 from SuperMediaStore
T02 from Rima
T02 also scanned with a LiteOn

James, thank you!

The Supermedia ty -'s arrived today. While not scoring quite as high as I’d like, the difference between these & Valueline is STUNNING. (Averaging around 300 pif’s with 95-97 score depending on the scanner).

Looks like i may have spoken too soon on the TY - “Professionals”. So far I’ve had 3 or 4 decent burns, & 3 or 4 really bad ones (3,000 - 6,000) pif’s 7 1 that totally failed).

Still better then the -r value lines where pretty much all discs were over 3,000 pif my last couple batches.

MooMoo what speed are you burning the discs at?

Yeah, 8x has been the best for me.

4x. Will try 8x, but slowest possible has always worked best for me. Doesn’t jitter increase at higher burning speeds? (I know Jitter is a much bigger issue for audio then video).

First burn on the TDK looks nice, as you said just like a Falcon. 98/199 pif

[QUOTE=MooMooMooMoo;2542170]4x. Will try 8x, but slowest possible has always worked best for me. Doesn’t jitter increase at higher burning speeds? (I know Jitter is a much bigger issue for audio then video).

First burn on the TDK looks nice, as you said just like a Falcon. 98/199 pif[/QUOTE]
you will have excellent jitter @8x refer back to our scans, glad you like those Falcons

Thanks again for the tips, much appreciated!

Got the TY +'s today. Bad news is someone forgot to put ANY spacers in the cake box, the top 3 discs were scratched. A random sampling of 2 discs from the middle seem ok so far. I usually try to stick with tape wrap for this reason.

Did 2 burns, one @8x & 1 (accidentally) at 16x. Both burns scanned pretty much identically, score 98, 264 pif’s.

Any similar tips on cdr’s? My last batch of Falcon cdr’s were horribly disappointing, so i ASSUME TY is the only current option. Suggestions on the highest quality type & best vendor?

On the dvd’s, it’s quite a relief to be able to get a decent burn again at all!

My last 3 batches of Made in UAE Verbs all had 700-2000 pif’s. They used to scan for me similar to real Falcons.

I am very very happy with the Falcon pros from Meritline. Best burns I’ve seen in months from anything. Ordered 200 more. I hope these are around for awhile, & they don’t run out & switch to CMC TDK’s.

[QUOTE=MooMooMooMoo;2542728]I am very very happy with the Falcon pros from Meritline. Best burns I’ve seen in months from anything. Ordered 200 more. I hope these are around for awhile, & they don’t run out & switch to CMC TDK’s.[/QUOTE]
Do you print? They are also one of the best printables. I think the style of the ad and the price will be different soon after they run out. Let me know if you new order is MIUAE. Thanks.

Will do. I’m going to be really bummed if they’re not MIUAE!!!

No, i don’t print.