Looking for product info on Lite-On DD-A100GX

Was hoping someone here could help me find some reviews, detailed info, etc. on the Lite-On DD-A100GX DVD Recorder and Player.

Looks like a good, inexpensive and nicely sized product, but I can’t seem to find info on it.

Would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Info on the A100X is here. The additional G in the model number signifies the addition of ShowView/VideoPlus+.

Paul

Thanks. Wacky that it ain’t up on the US site at all, but Best Buy has 'em in stock. Cute little unit. I’m pondering one…

BTW, when you record a show from this thing via a DVD+RW, how do you pull it into DVD Shrink to do a re-author? I’ve been hearing that the format is not “proper” and it needs to be processed before DVD Shrink can read it, but I can’t seem to find a concensus on what program and / or method to use. It’s DVD_VR with a VIDEO_RM folder, it would seem.

Any hints?

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

I’ve tended to pull it into the PC first using DVDDecrypter and then put the resulting files through DVDShrink.

Paul

I’ve been reading via google search that when trying to pull it into DVD Shrink, there is an error message like:

[b]DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.

Invalid DVD navigation structure[/b]

One guy said he edited the IFO file and got it to work but never explained how.

You don’t get that error at all?

I wonder if I could pull the recorded DVD+RW tv shows into Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5 Plus and do a Multi-Trim to take out the commercials…?

Just thinking out loud.

I was able to process DVD+RW VR files through Clonedvd2. It says something like correcting philips format then copies to the harddrive fine. My unit is a Insignia (LG) combi unit bought from Bestbuy.

Rusty

So the Lite-On home DVD-Recorder units are essentially PHILLIPS units rebranded?

That’s good to know.

I think I’ll look for an eval copy of CloneDVD2 and see what up.

Thanks much,

BK

I’m sure that is the error I get if I pull the DVD straight into DVDShrink which is why I go via DVDDecryptor first.

Paul

Seems if you record to DVD+RW and do a straight copy from that disk to the hard drive of both the VIDEO_TS and VIDEO_RM folders and THEN import those folders from the hard drive into Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5 Plus, without any conversion from DVD Decrypter or Shrink or what not, you will be able to work with the video no problem.

I read about it via a Yahoo Search and got confirmation just a bit ago that it will work. So, I’ll have one purchased from Best Buy today and test it myself. I’ll post back when done.

Thanks.

The DD-A100GX will only use -R DVDs and CDs. I just got mine to be recognized with a universal remote and will forward the code later today. This is the only DVD recorder and player where you can place several hundred MP3 songs on a DVD-R and it will play the several hundred MP3 songs, rather than be confined to CD discs ONLY.

[QUOTE=BeardedKirklander;1555234]Was hoping someone here could help me find some reviews, detailed info, etc. on the Lite-On DD-A100GX DVD Recorder and Player.

Looks like a good, inexpensive and nicely sized product, but I can’t seem to find info on it.

Would appreciate some help. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The remote code, a 5 digit Code, for my DD-A100GX is 11416. Reading the manual several times, and having two units, I found only DVD-R discs can be used successfully. I put MP3 files on the disc. Most recorders will only allow MP3 to be placed on a CD … NOT a DVD. I put several hundred on a DVD-R with my computer and everyone plays on the DD-A100GX. One of my two A100GXs got where it would not recognize any disc, so I continue using my second one. My first DD-A100GX was only $89.50 and the second one, 2 weeks later, was over $120.00.