Looking for original HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GCA-4080N (0A31)

Hello everybody
I have recently updated my DVD RW to GMA-4080N, RPC1
Originally it was HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GCA-4080N (0A31)

due to a problem in the notebook, I need to return it and I want to restore it to the original firmware

can anyone send me a link to the original firmware, or at least a GCA-4080N?

Alternatively

I have a friend with the original firmware, is there any tool that he can backup his firmware and send it to me so I can use it on my notebook?

thanks!!

HOW would you manage to flash this “original firmware” to the drive if you could find it?!??

Went here: http://tdb.rpc1.org/#GSA4080N

and downloaded: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GCA-4080N 0C35 GCA (HP/Compaq) Windows

Now it’s fine, it show me: LG HL-DT-ST GCA-4080N with RPC1

I was wondering if there is a way to backup the original firmware? cause I cannot find it anywhere

You probably have to look around HP/Compaq’s website for the firmware for that drive since it looks like that is the brand of the notebook it came in. GCA model LG writers are OEM ones and LG doesn’t provide firmware updates for OEM models. LG OEM models are intended to be sold as part of a whole system and LG leaves it to the system vendor to provide firmware support for those. That is why it is so hard to find any firmware updates for it. The other problem being that if another system vendor sold the same model of drive and has firmware available for it, it might not work on your drive.

That is why your best bet is to get firmware for that drive from HP/Compaq.

My question remains.

Of course I know the great TDB site, and all the work behind that 4080 models from LG & OEMs…

The DVD RW drive came with my MSI S270 notebook

Flashing it was easy and without any problems

MSI doesn’t have the original firmware on their site

is there any tool to backup the original firmware?

I don’t know one yet.

I guess such tool does not exist :frowning: