Looking for new drive

Hello all. Can anyone tell me which one of these drives are best? I wanna buy a new one because the old one (LG GSA-H42N) does not have the stuff I need. I want one with good scanning ability, and that can scan jitter too. I would also like to have the LiteON Smart OPC thing to adjust the strategy to get best quality. So I have 3 options:
Liteon IHAS120
Liteon IHAS124-04
Asus DRW-24B5ST
I currently think about buying the 120, but I want your opinions too. The other ones I think I shouldn’t buy because I heard the 124-04 can be NEC so I would have a chance to not be good scanner (but can it be considering that I buy it new and from a trustable online shop. not ebay?) or no jitter scan, and the Asus to not have the strategy adjust thing. I hope you can help me.
Also, using mobo abit kn9 ultra can I use a SATA drive? my current one is IDE and it’s working fine but the new one will be SATA

To answer one of your questions, the Abit KN9 Ultra has six SATA ports on the motherboard, so you will be able to use a SATA drive with it. You’ll need a SATA data cable and a SATA power connector from your power supply. Your power supply may already have this, but you can also get a molex–>SATA adapter.

Which operating system are you using? Windows XP didn’t have the SATA drivers built in.

[QUOTE=cristyro;2681277] I want one with good scanning ability, and that can scan jitter too. I would also like to have the LiteON Smart OPC thing to adjust the strategy to get best quality. So I have 3 options:
Liteon IHAS120
Liteon IHAS124-04
Asus DRW-24B5ST
I currently think about buying the 120, but I want your opinions too. The other ones I think I shouldn’t buy because I heard the 124-04 can be NEC so I would have a chance to not be good scanner (but can it be considering that I buy it new and from a trustable online shop. not ebay?) or no jitter scan, and the Asus to not have the strategy adjust thing. I hope you can help me.
Also, using mobo abit kn9 ultra can I use a SATA drive? my current one is IDE and it’s working fine but the new one will be SATA[/QUOTE]

I think I would consider the ASUS drive. This post seems to answer whether it can scan w/ jitter and use OPC. In truth, I’ve found the newer Lite-ons to be better scanners than my iHAS120.

(@Kerry56: I got no OS yet as I format my PC but I think I am gonna reinstall Win8)
So the ASUS would be the best choice? Or IHAS124-04 (which will be version D probably based on what people said when buying from that shop)? I just want to be sure it will be a good scanner with jitter too using Nero cd/dvd speed (because it shows the quality score too) and to have the strategy create/pick option (smart burn, OPC). Also, should I buy the bulk or it is really necessary to buy the retail version?

I forgot something but seems like I can’t edit the previous post
My PSU is Sirtec 400W. Does it have all the cables? If no, what should I buy? The data and the molex-sata? Also, my HDD (Western Digital 232GB) is old and has 250GB but I think it’s IDE. Is that a problem? If yes, then can anyone suggest me an IDE dvd writer? Thanks.

From the little I’ve found on your power supply it should have the SATA power connectors. Here is a picture of what they look like:

If you check, and there are no SATA power connectors on your psu, you can always buy one of these molex to SATA adapters:

You will need a SATA data cable, but the motherboard should have come with some. Here is what they look like:

You don’t need to buy a retail edition optical drive, and your IDE hard drive is not a problem.

Thank you very much for your help!
So can you help me decide between iHAS 124-04 and the Asus? I now think about buying the iHAS because of the scanning with Nero and all the features. It just seems like a more trustable drive for me. Can you tell me if it is a good choice and if it’s good scanner or not, if it does jitter, SmartWrite, OPC? Or maybe a scan if someone does have this drive?

Could you post a link to the iHAS drive you are considering? If you receive a Mediatek drive, they are very good scanners.

https://www.pcgarage.ro/dvd-writere/liteon/ihas124-04-bulk-black/
It is ‘‘D’’ revision.
I ordered it. Will it have jitter scan?

I got it. It’s iHAS124-04 DU manufactured October 2012. Is it good? Thanks.