Looking for mirror software

Hi everyone, been a while since I have posted. Anyway I’m looking for “Mirror” software, not “back up”, “clone” or, “image” software i.e. “Ghost”, I need mirror software, and I am looking for a mirror program that works in the background and make changes without input from the user. Any ideas? Anyone?

Can you explain better? :eek:

What is that you want to “mirror” exactly? A special folder on your hard disc? An entire partition? Or what?

DirSync is one: http://www.archersoft.com/

Tried it and it works very well…includes scheduler too…

[QUOTE=geno888;1950173]Can you explain better? :eek:

What is that you want to “mirror” exactly? A special folder on your hard disc? An entire partition? Or what?[/QUOTE]

The mirror program that I am looking for is one that mirrors the HDD as you work. It keeps the mirror on another Hdd

[B]Da_Taxman[/B] was faster :stuck_out_tongue:

Also some external hard drives has an already embedded software to do this :slight_smile:

Sounds like you want RAID 1 (mirror) which is best if supported by your motherboard or an add-in IDE/SATA controller card. There might be software that does this as well but I’m not sure.

RM

[QUOTE=geno888;1950187][B]Da_Taxman[/B] was faster :stuck_out_tongue:

Also some external hard drives has an already embedded software to do this :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks geno888, Da_Taxman was close to what I am looking for, however I think that RichMan is much closer to what I want. Thanks all once again.

Only RAID-1 will accomplish a true mirror of a drive. That is, create a drive that can be substituted for the original, boot sector, partition tables and all.

Most any backup software, and even Windows, offer the option to synchronize folder contents, which also accomplishes a similar result.

[QUOTE=CDan;1950390]Only RAID-1 will accomplish a true mirror of a drive. That is, create a drive that can be substituted for the original, boot sector, partition tables and all.

Most any backup software, and even Windows, offer the option to synchronize folder contents, which also accomplishes a similar result.[/QUOTE]

Now that is what I am looking to do. Once I seen the other software I realized that it was unable to do the mirror, but this RAID-1 looks to be the ticket. Thanks CDan.