Looking for latest Norton Ghost dos version

vbimport

hi,

i am new to backing up pc , and was wondering what is the latest dos version of norton ghost .
i cant seem to find anything past v.10

the current ones i have seem to freeze when i load them up in dos . cant move mouse at all or tab thought anything .

[QUOTE=ghosts;2488285]hi,

i am new to backing up pc , and was wondering what is the latest dos version of norton ghost .
i cant seem to find anything past v.10

the current ones i have seem to freeze when i load them up in dos . cant move mouse at all or tab thought anything .[/QUOTE]

Maybe it’s time you change programs and use a newer program. I used ghost in the back old days but stop since then. Plus the ghost program created to many .gho files and the program I use starts from the cd and creates a single file of the backup image of the HDD. You might want to give this program Acronis a look over cause I think it would be more beneficial to you.

Why use the DOS version ? I still use Ghost version 2003-793 to back up my spare HD every 3 months and have no problems or else there is a good free program called xxclone which I have used also

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2488335]Why use the DOS version ? I still use Ghost version 2003-793 to back up my spare HD every 3 months and have no problems or else there is a good free program called xxclone which I have used also[/QUOTE]

i just used acronis to make my first backup thru dos, all mouse function is disabled , yet it is enabled in bios . i have to tab thru eveything which is annoying.

is it possible to use ghost or acronis in windows xp pro from the desktop ?
how does it copy eveything if its on the same drive

[QUOTE=ghosts;2488485]is it possible to use ghost or acronis in windows xp pro from the desktop ?
how does it copy eveything if its on the same drive[/QUOTE] Newer Ghost version can be run from within Windows, but I never did like any of the later Ghost versions.

Acronis TrueImage wil also run from within Windows, as well as from a bootable CD you can create.

Volume Shadow Copy is used to facilitate a consistent copy of a drive that’s in use.