Looking for inverted CSEL firmware for Plextor PX-608AL

Hi? I am looking for inverted CSEL firmware for my Plextor PX-608AL slim DVD recorder.
PX-608AL comes with the firmware that has regular cable select IDE bus mode.
But my system requires inverted cable select firmware for PX-608AL in order to make it run as Master IDE mode.
I understand that it’s very unlikely to find any type of firmware for slim DVD-recorder, but who knows if I get lucky. :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance.

I have changed 3 different slim DVD drives from Master to Slave or Slave to Master.
It is the same procedure with any drive.
To change a slim DVD drive to Master or Slave mode you have to either mask the 47th pin or ground it. You have to try which works for you since every drive has a other setting. First I would recommend you to mask the 47th Pin because this is easier than to ground it. If it works with masking the pin you are done if not you have to ground the 47th pin.
For masking it just use a non conductive tape and mask the 47th pin. Then connect the drive and check if it works. If it does not work you have to ground the 47th pin.
Pins 43,44,45,46 and 48 are grounded so you have to bridge the 47th pin with one of these. Since you can not bridge the 47th pin with 44,46 and 48 you have to bridge pins 47 and 45 (you short cut them). You can try to do it with 44,46 and 48 but then you would have to modify your cable.
I will attach a pic that you know which pins you will have to mask or bridge.
To bridge the pins 47 and 45 use a conductive aluminum tape. I know it will be rather hard work to do since the pins are rather small but it is the only way to do it if there is no jumper/dip switch or firmware around.

Edit: You can also bridge the 47th pin with both 45 and 43 pins (this should be easier to do because you get more space to do it). But be care full and do not bridge it with the 41 and 42 pin because they are the 5V pins.

OK I found a other picture for you to make it a little easier.
You have to bridge (short cut) the red with the green ones in the picture. It is OK to bridge all of these 3 pins at once or only the red with one of the greens.

Disclaimer: This method is proven to work on all slim drives for laptops but
this will void the waranty of your drive and I will not be responsible for any damage to your drive if something goes wrong. You must do this on your own resposibility.

koba,

Thanks for your help.
But I hope I can find the right firmware before I go to the alternative way. :slight_smile:

Sorry, no official firmwares; this is what Plextor answered to me:
Dear sir ,

The drive is beeing detected as a Master drive.
That setting can’t be changed.Neither are there any jumpers to do this.
How you mount the unit into your notebook is up to you.
This is different for each notebook and can either be found in the notebooks manual or you could request that information from the manufacturers from your notebook.

[left]Kind regards

[/left]

Well if there is no firmware the only way to do this is by either masking or grounding the 47th pin. As i stated before I have done this on 3 different drives (TEAC,2xMatsushita each with a different factory setting) on a Panasonic, Gateway and a Sony.
The only problem with doing this is that the pins are rather small. But besides this its easy to do.

It works

Koba 10x for solution… I was seaking for it for 2 days :smiley: Didnt get why my toshiba after slim DVD-RW change did not boot from cd or dvd…

Anybody made this modification|

[QUOTE=koba;1602323]I have changed 3 different slim DVD drives from Master to Slave or Slave to Master.
It is the same procedure with any drive.
To change a slim DVD drive to Master or Slave mode you have to either mask the 47th pin or ground it. You have to try which works for you since every drive has a other setting. First I would recommend you to mask the 47th Pin because this is easier than to ground it. If it works with masking the pin you are done if not you have to ground the 47th pin.
For masking it just use a non conductive tape and mask the 47th pin. Then connect the drive and check if it works. If it does not work you have to ground the 47th pin.
Pins 43,44,45,46 and 48 are grounded so you have to bridge the 47th pin with one of these. Since you can not bridge the 47th pin with 44,46 and 48 you have to bridge pins 47 and 45 (you short cut them). You can try to do it with 44,46 and 48 but then you would have to modify your cable.
I will attach a pic that you know which pins you will have to mask or bridge.
To bridge the pins 47 and 45 use a conductive aluminum tape. I know it will be rather hard work to do since the pins are rather small but it is the only way to do it if there is no jumper/dip switch or firmware around.

Edit: You can also bridge the 47th pin with both 45 and 43 pins (this should be easier to do because you get more space to do it). But be care full and do not bridge it with the 41 and 42 pin because they are the 5V pins.[/QUOTE]

I have ry but did not work

[QUOTE=silor082;2707022]I have ry but did not work[/QUOTE]

If its done properly, that method should work just fine.

I have this problem as well- old Toshiba Satellite with a Matshita UJ-830s. Hopefully this works for me.

Thanks for this, btw.

The all-in-1 package extracts sfdnwin.exe (the flasher) and autorun.bin (the firmware file) to C:\Temp. If this folder does not exist, then it will be created. Administrative permissions are required.