Looking for good a scanning program

vbimport

hey all,
I just bought a Lexmark X1150 printer/flatbed scanner and the software sucks. There has to be better software for scanning than what comes with this printer. Does anyone have any suggestions??
Thanks
AC

ACDSee has scanning ability built in for scanners with outdated software and crappy software. But ACDSee scanning ability isn’t so great because its generic, but may still be better than what you have now.

Oh… and of course Adobe can also acquire images. But its much more expensive software.

Thanks xtacydima
I have ACDSee, I’ll have to try it.
AC

I recently got a lex X75 and found the software blows as well. I’ve Used PSP “Paint Shop Pro” for years and found it aquires images great off this unit. And ofcourse more flexibility as well. I use thumbs+ also, as opposed to acdsee. But have not tride to scan with it yet this unit.

I have always just loaded the drivers for the scanner(s) and used my Paintshop program to aquire the images also.

Different tools for different things. Do be honest…have yet to find a “one size fits” solution to anything…:slight_smile:

Back when I was writing web pages for money…routinely had 2-3 software packages on my box just for that. Found I could do things in Corel making banners I could’nt in PSP, found I could do things in PSP I could’nt on acdsee…and frankly, just never got comfy with adobe…though I know it’s a rocking program.

Guess the gist is…find the package that works best for what you want to do “now”, by experimenting. Pick your favorites by learning from there…:slight_smile:

Originally posted by nmpaulcp
I have always just loaded the drivers for the scanner(s) and used my Paintshop program to aquire the images also.

Isn’t this limited to XP (I think possibly also 2k) with the service(Windows Image Acquisition)?
But then again YourAss didn’t mention what O/S he is on.

Originally posted by xtacydima
Isn’t this limited to XP (I think possibly also 2k) with the service(Windows Image Acquisition)?

Didn’t think about that but you are probably right. Been years since I’ve used anything but Win 2000.

I’m still running 98se on this machine and same results. So long as the device has comes with a working twain driver, and your paint program can aquire from a twain device, then you are fine…:slight_smile:

Thanks ZigZagMan Psp is great, I didn’t even know that program could do that. It does a great job too.

Sorry xtacydima the OS is XP Pro. I have all sys specs in the signature, but I should have mentioned it.

Thanks again
AC

Glad I was of some help. It is indeed a handy program…:bigsmile: