Looking for general help on GSA4163B

vbimport

[B]Hey guys

I am about to get a LG GSA4163B DVD Writer this drive is going to replace my CD RE Writer so whould i just do a straight swap I.E CD RE Writer set to slave , then DVD WRITER takes its place (slave) also after the hardware is done what would be the safest way to update the FIRMWARE.

Windows XP Safe mode?

Also would you recommend i update before i start burning.

thanks all[/B]

will if i were you i won’t put it on slave.its better if its on master and don’t update the firmware right away burn acouple of dvds and cds and see if anything is wrong. if there was you’d think the firmware was bad if you updated right away. and you don’t have to update in safe mode. i updated in normal mode :slight_smile:

Ok thanks ninja why dont you think slave is a good idea? How would i configue master and slave…

I have a LG DVD ROM
And getting LG DVD REWRITER

So i guess your telling me to put LG DVD ROM drive to slave and LG DVD REWRITER to master? Correct

So i guess your telling me to put LG DVD ROM drive to slave and LG DVD REWRITER to master? Correct[/QUOTE]

thats correct. first theres a jumper on the back on the dvd burner you have to set to master(just read the back it’ll tell you)and set your dvd rom to slave also and you put the dvd burner on the end of the ide cable (not the middle one) :slight_smile:

hope that helps