Looking for freeware that can mount virtual IDE drives

vbimport

So I need to mount a virtual IDE drive. The free version of DAEMON Tools doesn’t allow you to mount IDE drives. Is there anything else that mounts IDE drives? Bonus if it works with Y.A.S.U emulator cloaker.

Oh, and the game in question is GTA4. I actually didn’t torrent this and bothered for the first time ever to purchase the game ($15 on Amazon!) , but it requires the damned disc to be inserted in order to play.

I’m not sure to understand your question. IDE drives are real devices, so if you connect a physical drive to your PC there is no need to emulate it because the real drive is already connected to the computer.

Daemon tools is a software that make appear an ISO file [U]like if[/U] it is a real drive even if it actually is only a file.

If you use a real drive, a simulation is a nonsense :confused:

Sorry if I was unclear. I need to mount a [I]virtual[/I] IDE drive instead of the standard virtual SCSI drive. Daemon Pro supports both types, but it is not free.

oops sorry :slight_smile:

The only freeware I know are Alcohol52% and virtual clonedrive, but I don’t know if these are the ones you are looking for :frowning:

Why not rip the actual cd to a iso file (with Poweriso or Magiciso), then mount it in VirtualCloneDrive?

[QUOTE=darlyn;2488376]So I need to mount a virtual IDE drive. The free version of DAEMON Tools doesn’t allow you to mount IDE drives. Is there anything else that mounts IDE drives? Bonus if it works with Y.A.S.U emulator cloaker.

Oh, and the game in question is GTA4. I actually didn’t torrent this and bothered for the first time ever to purchase the game ($15 on Amazon!) , but it requires the damned disc to be inserted in order to play.[/QUOTE]

Why is it a problem to insert the disc during playing??

[QUOTE=petremure;2488998]Why not rip the actual cd to a iso file (with Poweriso or Magiciso), then mount it in VirtualCloneDrive?[/QUOTE]

Never done this before, but wouldn’t image file still get rejected? Would I have to rip the entire 10GB disc, or can a small image file be made?

[QUOTE=chef;2489014]Why is it a problem to insert the disc during playing??[/QUOTE]

There are several reasons for this. I adverse to damaging my disc, don’t like the loud disc drive I have, and would prefer to keep it all virtualized. Why you are asking such a question on a board that focuses on doing precisely this is beyond me :slight_smile: .