Looking for DVD+R single layer hub printable gloss waterproof

vbimport

I’m looking for some single layer hub printable glossy waterproof DVD+R media. I can find DL (Moser Baer), I can find non waterproof (Verbatim), and I can find DVD-R (Moser Baer and Taiyo Yuden) but I cannot find all of those characteristics together on one product. Does such a disc exist? If so, can you tell me what brand or vendor to look for?

I would have thought that a single layer configuration would be easier to find than double layer, but that’s not the case.

Ray

I assume no one prints on DVD+R single layer hub printable gloss waterproof<!-- google_ad_section_end --> discs. :confused:

Then does anyone know if Imation 26219 DVD+Rs with AquaGuard are glossy or matte? I know they’re not Verbatim or TY but they are waterproof and hub printable.

I don’t know what to tell you about +R waterproof inkjet printable media, other than I didn’t see any at rima.com.

A lot of people are having good results with TY 16x -R WaterShield discs. If you use this media you’ll need a burner known to burn well with this MID (my 20x Liteon’s do) and not write them faster than 8x in most cases.

Try email rima (see the contact info there) to see if they can send you a sample of this one to check compatibility with your burner/printer. They have done so with me. Ask for a sample of their premium standard case while your at it so they have something to protect the disc via transit… :cool:

I have some Optical Quantum that might be what you want, see the link below,

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/optical-quantum-dvd-r-discs-207760/

[quote=MegaDETH;2009423]I have some Optical Quantum that might be what you want, see the link below,

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/optical-quantum-dvd-r-discs-207760/[/quote]

Thanks, but those are -R, aren’t they? New Egg (where I think you bought yours) has them listed as a deactivated item. I can get Taiyo Yuden waterproof glossy hub printable -R discs for $0.65 but I was really hoping to find +R.

I did find Imation 26219 for $0.80 with shipping. They’re matte but they might have to do.

@NOTS3W
I’d have to suggest staying away from the Optical Quantum discs, well the 16x TYG03 anyways
yeah they print pretty but the burn quality is crap. I burned around 18 of the ones I had and I
threw the rest of them in the garbage can I only got 1 or 2 half way decent burns out of the 18
discs the other 16 wouldn’t even finish a TRT without bombing out or coming up with an error. :Z

:doh: Sorry I forgot you wanted +R my bad.

@getit29 I get some pretty good burns with 8x but yeah I am a also disappointed of the burn quality.

[QUOTE=NOTS3W;2009776]Thanks, but those are -R, aren’t they? New Egg (where I think you bought yours) has them listed as a deactivated item. I can get Taiyo Yuden waterproof glossy hub printable -R discs for $0.65 but I was really hoping to find +R.

I did find Imation 26219 for $0.80 with shipping. They’re matte but they might have to do.[/QUOTE]

I ended up ordering a box of 45 Imation 26219 from techforless.com $35.55 with shipping, $0.79 apiece. They’re actually a little cheaper ($0.69) on boomj.com which I learned 10 minutes too late. :frowning: I’ll see how well they work. They’re matte, +R, with AquaGuard, hub printable. They’re the only +R hub printable waterproof single layer discs I could find and I’ve searched for quite awhile. I’d have preferred a gloss printing surface, but that doesn’t seem to exist. In fact, the only DL +R hub printable glossy waterproof discs I’ve been able to find are Moser Baer. If they can put that surface on a DL disc, I don’t know why they can’t do it on a SL disc, but oh well.

The term AquaGuard (which I assume is a trademarked name) also appears on Primera discs. It will be interesting to see who makes what when I get these discs.

Thanks for the advice and the links. Always more to learn.

Ray