Looking for drivers for a D-Link wireless card

vbimport

Does anybody know where I can find drivers for an old D-Link wireless card?
The model is a D-Link Air DWL-520 Version D2. This is a wireless PCI card of the B type. I can find lots of drivers for this card but none of them are for the D2 version. I know this is an old card but I simply don’t want throw it away if I can avoid it. Thanks in advance,
budzos

Hmm What version of windows do you have? If you have XP reinstalling might fix your troubles since XP should have 95% of older drivers. If you don’t care to do that. Well then the first question requires an answer for me to help you.

Matt

I tried installing it in a freshly installed XP Pro with SP3 and it was not recognized. Its a
very obscure version of this card.
budzos

budzos,
Its “D2” right? Not B2? (since it is the “B” type.)

Are you sure the D1 version doesn’t work for the D2? It kind of looked like it might be for all d revision cards?

Why are you even bothering with a card that can only do 11b (11mbit at best) and doesnt even support WPA/WPA2? You’ll just end up getting a very slow connection and on top of that insecure.
//Danne

double post

[QUOTE=ripit;2103847]Are you sure the D1 version doesn’t work for the D2? It kind of looked like it might be for all d revision cards?[/QUOTE]
I agree.
Have you tried this ?
http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DWL-520D

[QUOTE=jflan;2104314]I agree.
Have you tried this ?
http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DWL-520D[/QUOTE]

I tried but no luck. Yes it is most definitely a D2 version of the card. I even peeled off the decal that had the revision # on it to check underneath it just in case. Maybe I will just scrap the card and keep the antenna. I had won it many years ago in an ebay auction with a plextor burner and a soundblaster live and some memory. I guess I am just a packrat. I thought maybe I could install it in one of the dozen or so computers I have laying around but I guess I can only use one at a time.
budzos

There is nothing wrong with being a pack rat, lol. I actually have a 10 bast T novel netware approved nic sitting in my trash cards drawer (it might still work but who cares). I also have an old yamaha cd burner sitting next to my desk (Its not of much use with a half a dozen dvd burners, but I have a hard time throwing something away, that works and cost a few hundred dollars).

budzos,

If you can determine what chip is on the card sometimes you can go to that mfr’s site and harvest drivers and software.
I was beta-testing Vista and had to do that with a Ralink-driven Linksys card.

[QUOTE=jflan;2104540]budzos,

If you can determine what chip is on the card sometimes you can go to that mfr’s site and harvest drivers and software.
I was beta-testing Vista and had to do that with a Ralink-driven Linksys card.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I’ll try that.
budzos

Another idea: might this be an OEM card like for Dell/HP/other big name computers?

[QUOTE=mciahel;2104984]Another idea: might this be an OEM card like for Dell/HP/other big name computers?[/QUOTE]

Thats a good point since the soundblaster live that I won in the same ebay auction was a Dell oem. I’ll check around.
Thanks or the suggestion,
budzos