Looking for cordless, optical mouse with extra buttons, suggestions?

I’m going to buy a new mouse 'cause I’m really tired of my current one it’s so small that it’s hard to use :frowning: I want a large :slight_smile: mouse like an intellimouse explorer I want it to be optical and have some extra buttons and a scroll wheel and I don’t want it to be cordless. I looked a little on the Logitech MX500 but I can’t find any reviews of it only of the MX700 which is cordless is there any other difference?
I’d like hear what mice you guys recomed
TIA

Edit:

Please use a more describing title next time…simply using “Mouse” is a bit annoying and might cause people to skip the whole thread.

A quick search on google show this for mx700 reviews and this for mx500 reviews.

I used Intellimouse Explorer before and I would advise against buying it. I posted a thread about some problems I had with it a while back, something that couldn’t be fixed. Get logitech, almost everybody else in here recommended me that.

Thanks xox
guess i wasnt searching that thoroughly :bigsmile:

MX500 and MX700 are the same except that the MX700 is cordless.

Been using the MX700 since it came out. the only issue is that it’s a battery hog, which is why it comes with NiMH batteries and a charger. Mine runs for about 2 days on a charge. It has 6 fully programmable buttons and very good fine cursor control. Very comfortable in the hand too. Logitec support is also above average.

Only problem with the MX700 is the cost, since you don’t want cordless, just get the MX500.

110$ Canadian for a mouse is a bit expensive IMO (and that’s at a cheap shop, its a lot more at futureshop or staples ) :slight_smile:

I personally use a MS intellimouse optical, have had it for nearly 3 yrs, no problems whatsoever.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Been using the MX700 since it came out. the only issue is that it’s a battery hog, which is why it comes with NiMH batteries and a charger. Mine runs for about 2 days on a charge. It has 6 fully programmable buttons and very good fine cursor control. Very comfortable in the hand too. Logitec support is also above average.

the battery issue is the main reason why i bought a microsoft wireless optical mouse special edition.
before the microsoft mouse i had a logitech cordless optical but the 1800Mah NiMH batteries that i used only lasted for four or five days then need replacement.
with the same battries my microsoft mouse runs for 5 weeks now without any sign that the batteries maybe almost empty.
and performs atleast the same and maybe better as the logitech mouse.

With the way NiMH can be used, I personally don’t understand what the charge duration issue is…

NiMH are not like NiCad rechargeables, they don’t have to be fully discharged before recharging. So if it lasts 5 days, or 2 weeks on one charge, it’s not like you use it 24/7, so when you’re going to sleep, or to work, just set that mouse on the charger when you leave.

That’s just my take on it, don’t know why it’d be any kind of an issue at least for any average desktop user.

i would recommend the intellimouse optical. i have had it for 3 years without any problems. it fits your hand whether youre right or left handed and is perfect for games like gta3 and internet browsing with convenient “back” and “forward” buttons. it also has a scroll wheel. :bigsmile:

if u are a gamer - optics are not good (maybe)

i bought this logitech optic - but when i move the mouse a little fast - it kind of acts strange…it suddenly resets back to top right/left corner of the screen.

its bl00dy annoying when u are playing a games - in a middle of a fight your view will suddenly go to sky or ground…and the next thing you are dead. it happens in all the games :frowning:

this problem seems to be with all optic mouse.

i am going back to ball mouse :slight_smile:

“Strange, a 2.16 Ghz processor beating the shit out of a 3.0 Ghz HT processor” Athlon XP 3000+ (2.16GHz, 512KB, 333MHz, Socket A)

haha

Originally posted by pps111
[B]if u are a gamer - optics are not good (maybe)

i bought this logitech optic - but when i move the mouse a little fast - it kind of acts strange…it suddenly resets back to top right/left corner of the screen.

its bl00dy annoying when u are playing a games - in a middle of a fight your view will suddenly go to sky or ground…and the next thing you are dead. it happens in all the games :frowning:

this problem seems to be with all optic mouse.

i am going back to ball mouse :slight_smile: [/B]

i dont have a problem at all using optical mice in games…my brother has optical intellimouse explorer and doesnt have problems either.

this problem seems to be with all optic mouse

Not at all. The early cordless opticals had some problems, current ones are great. Corded optical is still slightly more stable, but not by much. A white mousepad helps.

Take a look at this:

Logitech vs. Microsoft: Who makes a better mouse?

Conclusion

For all you gamers out there, I highly recommend an optical mouse. No clutter, no stupid cleaning of the ball. Plus, the Logitech Dual Optical is the BEST option. It is so smooth, so accurate, you’ll be wondering why you didn’t buy this mouse before. It kicks butt, and some more when you’re using it. And it’s cheap too - a great thing for all computer users. If not, go for the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. This is a great mouse as well, and not a not too expensive alternative! Finally!

Google search that you can find useful.

:cool:

PPS111: I use a Logitech Optical Cordless Mouseman 2002 for gaming and I must say that it really works good. Ok, I’m not a “real” gamer, but I am sure that it will meet the needs of most gamers.

If you want perfection, the Logitech MX700 is the way to go. It has the same resolution as the Logitech Dual optical, has got extra buttons and it’s cordless. It’s even got a home station that can be used to recharge the built-in NiMH penlites.
About the extra buttons: I worked with this mouse for some time (too bad it wasn’t mine) and I must say that the additional buttons are somewhat small (I don’t have big hands!) and can be hard to push. For that, I prefer my old mouseman, with just 1 big additional button.
I do think this mouse is worth checking out… it really works fine.

. A white mousepad helps.

hehe…i have a dark green color pad :frowning:

i will change it in a few days. thanks !!

Originally posted by baracus
[B]With the way NiMH can be used, I personally don’t understand what the charge duration issue is…

NiMH are not like NiCad rechargeables, they don’t have to be fully discharged before recharging. So if it lasts 5 days, or 2 weeks on one charge, it’s not like you use it 24/7, so when you’re going to sleep, or to work, just set that mouse on the charger when you leave.

That’s just my take on it, don’t know why it’d be any kind of an issue at least for any average desktop user. [/B]

I agree. I think going with the standard rechargeable AA NiMH’s was a brilliant move. If they used a non-removeable lithium battery then I would be more uptight about recharging it, but this way, who cares. Just put it on the cradle when you leave. After a year or so when the NiMH cells start to get tired, just toss them and replace them for $5. Big deal.

Plus, because Logitech made the mouse so easy to recharge, they had the freedom to be able to use more power hungry, faster chips inside. This is why the mouse can track so fast. With other cordless opticals, you are trading off speed for battery life.