Looking for CD/DVD labeling system comparisons

I always try to do my homework and try to find answers on my own, but my search-fu must be weak and I’ve been unable to find what I’m looking for.

Which is: An article/review comparing several various different CD/DVD labeling system products. I’m tired of waiting for my Lightscribe labeling and so I’m now looking for the best labeling system products that use a general-purpose ink-jet printer (in my case, an HP Photosmart C3180 Inkjet).

More specifically, I’m looking for more than just software alone but also a good maker of labels as well as a label centering and application tool.

This great site obviously has a lot of valuable reviews of individual products, but they’re not very useful for someone like myself who has no idea of what individual products to consider in the first place.

TIA

You’re not going to find many folks around here that will recommend you put ANY paper labels on ANY discs.

Start by reading THIS THREAD.

[QUOTE=CDan;1925521]You’re not going to find many folks around here that will recommend you put ANY paper labels on ANY discs.

Start by reading THIS THREAD.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Good info that I’m very grateful you directed me to. Thanks so much.

Your wise advice has now prompted me to change what I’m looking for:

How about helping me find CD/DVD labeling system [B]comparisons [/B]that do [I]not [/I]involve paper labels?

I presume all systems that use a standard inkjet printer are out, so what’s left that’s affordable besides Lightscribe, which even with my relatively new and very fast LiteOn Lightscribe DVD writer takes a minimum of 15 minutes for even the barest of labels?

TIA again.

Inkjet printable discs are probably the most popular, but you need a printer than can do this. Cheaper than lightscribe too.