Looking for an External HD-DVD Burner

Looking for an External HD-DVD Burner

I personally have a Lite-On External DVD writer (it’s about 5 years old now) and I love the fact that I can take it where ever I want to go and it will work on any XP machine (*NIX and Mac with drivers).

Well I just bought a new HD TV and a HD player (bout time I come out of the stone age of the CRT). And I am looking for a good HD DVD writer that is external. But see I have kids and they DESTROY movies in less time than it takes me to get them out of the wrapper. So I will need one that works with my Anydvd and Clonedvd program. I also like External DVD drives so that way if the wife is on the PC then I can back up the movie on my Laptop or vice a versa.

What is a good 3+ sheep (not sure how many sheep they are up to now) Lite-On that will work with my AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD 2?

Do I need a special HD-DVD Burner or can I use my current External DVD burner for the HD-DVD Films?

Thanks in advance

I personally have a Lite-On External DVD writer (it’s about 5 years old now) and I love the fact that I can take it where ever I want to go and it will work on any XP machine.

Well I just bought a new HD TV and a HD player and I am looking for a good HD DVD writer that is external. Do I need a special HD-DVD Burner or can I use my current regular External DVD burner for the HD-DVD Films?

Thanks in advance

:rolleyes: :confused:

What??? :doh:

sorry :disagree:

what, what? Please inform me as to what you don’t understand and i will try to say it more simply

You are looking for a product that has not yet been released to us commoners,pee-ons, or what have you.

ok thanks

ok so there is no external HD burner yet… that sucks. I guess i will have to go with an External enclosure :frowning:

There is NO HD-DVD burner period. Just the pressed discs you can buy/rent on a player.

I do believe i read there is a HD-DVD burner in a lappy but i don’t think the common man/woman is able to afford it.

Toshiba just released a slimtype HD-DVD burner but the review of it in the latest c’t magazine was not very promising or even good.

The other downside is that this burner is [B]ONLY[/B] available with Toshiba Qosmio systems priced above €3500…

Drive is called SD-L902A or SD-L902-A.

info: http://www.pcinpact.com/actu/news/31804-hddvd-toshiba-SDL902A.htm?vc=1&cid=858127

See, a DVD drive cannot handle HD DVD disc, easy that is. :wink:

In Europe there are. :bigsmile: Linky, hurry up though, only 2 in stock.

[B]$264[/B], taste that.

Nope, that is a HD-DVD ROM drive with dvd & cd burn capabilities! :bigsmile:

I don’t read taste that so i have to go with chef’s point.

Technische Details

* Lesegeschwindigkeit : HD DVD-ROM/-R/-R DL 2,4x max
* Lesegeschwindigkeit : DVD-ROM/±R/±R DL/±RW 5x max.
* Lesegeschwindigkeit : CD-ROM/R/RW 15x max.
* Cache : 8 MB
* bulk ohne Zubehör

Read only.

:iagree:
I could swear somebody changed 902 to 802… :doh:

Missed the “burner” part. Is it “brenner” in german?

Yup, burner means “brenner” or new-style “rekorder” in german.

Thanks chef. :flower:

Promise, no more off topic posts from me here. :wink:

I have no problems with that. :wink:

#threads were merged, so this post went obsolete#