Looking for a replacement DVP642

vbimport

Hi All…No probs really as I own a DVP642/37 which I recently replaced the capacitor but it got me looking for a replacement DVP642. I’ve discovered that Walmart where it was originally purchased doesn’t carry them anymore & it appears that I may be forced to use Ebay if I want another unit. I need the S-Video that the 642 has, otherwise I’d have a few more options. Seems whichever way I go, buying new is out of the question as I can only find USED or REFURBISHED. I did get screwed from Consumer Depot as they sent me a DOA unit w/ no remote and as soon as I opened the box and saw remote was missing, I bugged them about that. Got that handled and then hooked up the unit which just sat there all dark. Any one know a decent retailer??

[QUOTE=ufcdave;2090530]Hi All…No probs really as I own a DVP642/37 which I recently replaced the capacitor but it got me looking for a replacement DVP642. I’ve discovered that Walmart where it was originally purchased doesn’t carry them anymore & it appears that I may be forced to use Ebay if I want another unit. I need the S-Video that the 642 has, otherwise I’d have a few more options. Seems whichever way I go, buying new is out of the question as I can only find USED or REFURBISHED. I did get screwed from Consumer Depot as they sent me a DOA unit w/ no remote and as soon as I opened the box and saw remote was missing, I bugged them about that. Got that handled and then hooked up the unit which just sat there all dark. Any one know a decent retailer??[/QUOTE]

RCA makes some unit with S-Video like the DRC257N that can replace your 642.

Try New Egg.

Thanks for the reply and the info…on my way to check out the model you suggested now.