Looking for a older LIte On Firmware

vbimport

Hey all thanks for the great forums. I have been reading them for several days now on my search for a older firmware for my Lite On iHAS120… Google seems to keep bringing me back here so I figured I would join up and ask myself. What happened was I installed Vista 32 Ultimate on my system up from XP media center. (mistake number 1) After everything was said and done my DVD drive wouldnt play anything so codecs went in, stil nothing. Ok. I flashed the new firmware from the Lite On Site. Without backing up the old one (Mistake number 2). Now under My computer it said DVD RAM instead of DVD ROM . So I reinstalled XP hoping that would fix my problem …Still nothing it only reads the windows DVDs and CDs and a couple programs I have but as far as movies, copys, backs NADA. Im hoping I can find a older firmware to put my drive back into service and hoping any good suggestions will come my way. Thanks again for letting me vent on who ever reads this.

[QUOTE=Antodne;2147737]Now under My computer it said DVD RAM instead of DVD ROM .[/quote]That’s normal; it is capable of reading and writing to DVD-RAM, so Windows shows it as such. :slight_smile:

So I reinstalled XP hoping that would fix my problem …Still nothing it only reads the windows DVDs and CDs and a couple programs I have but as far as movies, copys, backs NADA.
And this is on a clean Windows installation?

Yes I reinstalled everything fresh completely formatted the HDD. I got rid of Vista and put back my original XP media center like is was before I started having problems. Still wont read any of my backups I have several DVDs of birthdays and things I created under XP even my music MP3 DVD backup wont read that i could cry about. (lots of money invested there). After it still would not work under the new XP install I tried installing the new firmware from Lite again which says on there site is only a few weeks old. Im hoping to find the OEM firmware hoping it will fix it. I even emailed Liteon and Im still waiting on a response from them. I doubt it will happen. But thank you for the reply all help is very apriciated.