Looking For a New Drive. Haven't bought one for years

vbimport

Hi there everyone, this is my first post on your very busy and very eclectic forum, so be nice :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I’ve been out of the loop for a while as I haven’t bought a new drive for years, the last one I bought was an LG GSA-2166D which was a total waste of money as I used it for a bit, left it alone as I didn’t need it for a time and when I needed it again it refused to read anything! Just my luck really, I’ve never had great luck with optical drives.

Anyway, I need a new drive for audio CD ripping, more specifically with EAC for those of you who know it, and was looking for recommendations on a drive. Preferably one with good C2 error correction, no audio caching, a low offset and the ability to overread and read HTOA but I have no idea what current drives have to offer. I live in the UK if that makes any difference so I won’t be able to buy things from newegg or US sites.

Secondly I’d like to be able to use this new drive with an external enclosure as I want to use it with my laptop (it’s drive has died, surprise surprise) and then maybe put it in a pc at a later date.

Thanks to all, AliL

P.S. I’m not really fussed about burning, it’s the reading I’m really interested in…

Edit: It will be going into an old pc when I’ve finished with the enclosure so it will need to have an IDE interface if they still make these…

Not sure how complete this is
http://www.daefeatures.co.uk/search.php
But you can search by various characteristics, though not by HTOA capability, though it is listed, but somewhat incomplete.