Looking for a good Sata burner

Hi im looking for a Sata DVD burner with a best DVD writing capabilities and long lifetime.It must be also not bad with reading but my priority is DVD writing performance on Verbatim discs(and maybe in future DL writing). I burn only on Verbatim: DVD+R YUDEN000T03 and MCC 004 , sometimes on DVD-R TYG03 and MCC 03RG20 sold as Verbatim. I have read the Sata burners reviews on Cdfreaks and i`m unable to choose the best burner for me :sad: . Here are my types:

1. Pioneer DVR-212: i know its the good burner but i didnt find the review of it and sadly in my homeland its hard to get this drive now :frowning:

2. LG H62N: review

3. Asus 1814BLT: review im nearly sure its a burner for me but i havent idea if its better than LG H62N

4. Samsung SH-S183L: preview i don`t really belive in this test

5. Samsung SH-S203B: i dont know any english review but in my homeland this burner has a bad notes(worse than 183L) in review because of early firmware i think.So im not sure about this drive.

6. LiteOn 20A1S:review in this test its a good burner but in my homeland forums new LiteOn drives are known as not very longlife burners :confused: im confused about this because i have 1213S and its a nice burner since 3 years and almost 500dvd data burned

Please i need an advice because im really lost
Thanks

Could you explain what you don’t believe about this preview? :slight_smile:

We’ve just bought the LG H62N, but won’t have chance to test it til tomorrow. I can post back then if you like. In the meantime I’m sure other members will add their opinions.

BTW, welcome to the forum :flower:

Could you explain what you don’t believe about this preview?

i don`t belive in this spikes at reading test maybe its an single disc errors or something that i dont understand (sorry for newbie question). :o

It will be nice if you do some tests on YUDEN000T03 and MCC004 because im thinking about this LG H62N.
Thanks for a welcome.

Ah, OK. It’s been awhile since I read the review. :slight_smile:

Yep, I can do that :iagree:…I’ll post back to this thread with some scans/transfer rate tests tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Edit: Have you had a look at this thread - lots of members have posted scans with different media (including MCC004 and T03), might help you make up your mind :wink:

Yep, I can do that …I’ll post back to this thread with some scans/transfer rate tests tomorrow.

It will be great thanks. Im curious about PI and PIE errors test

What about LiteOn 20A1S drive im wondering if its a longlife drive because i know some bad opinions on my homeland forums

There is good and bad with any drive/model/brand. I could recommend a drive to you and you get it hooked up and it’s a piece of crap or it could be a good one…

So am I!

Having said that, the LG drives I have are quality burners. I use my external LG E10N all the time :wink:

You’re right, it’s a very good burner!

Try to get this drive in a foreign country. Try it in germany:
www.alternate.de (best retailer and mail order company)

1. Samsung SH-S203B: i dont know any english review but in my homeland this burner has a bad notes(worse than 183L) in review because of early firmware i think.So im not sure about this drive.

hey, skad widziales te “notes”. jesli z www.cdrinfo.pl/, to sie nie martw to banda debili

hey, skad widziales te “notes”. jesli z www.cdrinfo.pl/, to sie nie martw to banda debili

cze, czytałem tą recke
Pzdr

@edit: Translate: i was reading this review about Samsung SH-S203B

I’m back with H62N scans as promised :slight_smile:

1st disc: Plextor branded YUDEN000 T03 (TH000021 batch) burned at 12x
2nd disc: Verbatim MCC004 (Made in India) burned at 12x

Usually I burn @ 8x though :slight_smile:

Sweet burns Arachne. :clap:
What chipset does H62N use? [I]Edit,[/I] Renesas I suppose… :wink:
[I]Edit-2,[/I] Thanks Arachne, I found it while you posted.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I didn’t actually open the drive up, but a little CDF search tells me it’s probably Renesas. :slight_smile:

nicely burns :clap: specially at MCC04 media

Usually I burn @ 8x though

:iagree: yep me too and usually 4x for Ps2 console backups
i wonder how it will looks at 8x should be better i think
Thanks for this scans Arachne im pretty sure that i will buy H62N

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

The H62N is in my mother’s PC, but I think I’d like one myself now :wink:

don’t worry about that review, they appearly had no idea what they were doing.

16x verbatim burned at 18x

i have no idea what those tools did to get such a bad result in that cdrlab.pl review

or this 20x burn

Hi thanks to You guys (special thanks for Arachne :flower: ) i have very nice burner LG H62N and i like this drive much :iagree: .
But i wanted to buy another sata drive. My priority are as before because this new drive will burn/read only DVDs (LG will read/write cds and read dvds). Should have best DVD writing performance. This drive should also be able to do correctly quality disc test with Nero CDDVDSpeed as my old Litey (so LG and Samsung doesnt match my expectations). New burner must write as good as LG H62N :wink: or better.
I choose this drives: Pioneer DVR-212 (at last availabe) and wondering about Asus 2014L1T or should i wait for new Pioneer 20x model DVR-213?
I want to buy drive i this or next month.

I trust in your opinion guys

Well about the only drive i would suggest is the Samsung S203B(SATA) and tweak your registry so you can use the Sammy for quality scanning.

The S203B will bitset if needed but you will need to set it every time you need to with Nero or ImgBurn per the FAQ’s in Sammy forum.

It’s your money.

Ok but ive read that Samsung after tweaking perform not very accurate quality scanning. Do you think Samsung will do better DVD burns than Pioneer drive. Ive heard that Pioneer is excelent at burning dvds and also will do a quality scans like LiteOn or Asus (or i`m wrong?)

I’ve never had good luck with Pioneers but lots of people have.

I don’t have any Pioneers to compare.

Pioneer got yanked from Nero CD-DVD Speed just recently. I believe Asus still work though.