Looking for a good DVD burner that will be good at backups

Hello,
I am looking for a good DVD burner for my computer that will be good at backing up DVD’s, Games, and CD’s. I noticed that some are better than others, so that is why I am asking.

What brands/models are known to be bad?

I was looking at the NEC 3550A. How is that model?

Can any of you recommend any good brands/models that will be good overall and good at backing up discs? Thanks.

If you’re looking for a NEC, the NEC 4570 have better support compared to the 3550.

Can any of you recommend any good brands/models that will be good overall and good at backing up discs? Thanks.
These brands/models are my recommendation:

• BenQ DW1650/1655
  • Lite-On 160P6S/165P6S/16HP6S
  • LG GSA-H10N
  • Pioneer DVR-111

Thank you! I will go and check all of those out and compare them. Thanks for your time!

If you’re looking for a NEC, the NEC 4570 have better support compared to the 3550.

Do you mean that the 4570 is newer and therefore will have support if something goes wrong? Or is it better at making backups?

Oh and also, what will I NOT be getting if I buy an OEM version of a drive? Is it better to buy OEM or retail?

depends on the manufacturer. for liteon you’re missing the box. for benq you get a different firmware that doesn’t allow you to flash with the retail hardware without some creative encouragement.