Excuse the ignorance, but how do you change the .txt file extension. It saves on my desktop without the .txt extension, but when I go into properties it is a txt associated file. No matter what I do I cant seem to get the txt file association changed. I even tried to create a new .xml document in word but it gives me an error when trying to open it afterwards??
Thanks for the help in advance.[/QUOTE]
I’m working from XP. If you’re on another OS, it should be similar, if not the same. Do this:
- Open any random file folder on your computer (assuming Windows PC, right?).
- Click on Tools > Folder Options. The Folder Options window appears with the General tab selected.
- Click on the View tab.
- Find the box that’s followed by, “Hide extensions for known file types.” This box probably has a check in it. If it does, click on it to remove the check and continue with step 5. If there is no check in the box to begin with, send me a message and I’ll help you out.
- After removing the check, click OK.
- Now when you open the folder with the profile in it, it should end in .txt. Click on the profile file and press the F2 Key. Delete the txt extension and replace it with xml. Press Enter to save the changes and it should be good.
Let me know if you have any trouble along the way. Good luck!