Looking for a certain JOKE

vbimport

I am asking this on all of the forums that I am on, a couple of years ago on another forum in the joke section there was a joke put up that talked about proving there was a GOD. It started out saying that everything has two parts
Cold has at one end of the spectrum ABSOLUTE ZERO (as cold as you can get) but NO ABSOLUTE Hot
Light has at one end ABSOLUTE DARK but NO ABSOLUTE Light
it went on with several other things and then came to proving GOD
there is evil in this world and there is GOOD in this world so therefore if the DEVIL is ABSOLUTE EVIL then it stands that PURE GOOD is GOD
That is not exactly how it went put that is the jest. Please I am not getting into a religious debate. I am just looking for this joke that I read and would like to find it again. I had it saved but it somehow got erased
If anyone can help it would be appreciated
Thanks Marty

Marty , I Googled some with some of the key words but I didn’t find anything with humor.
Most discussions were on a serious level .

I’m not prying & feel free not to answer.
Do you have any idea what type site you read this on ?

I will try to avoid religious debate in this thread also . I usually get involved & a thread gets closed . Maybe I can avoid that this time.

Cholla, it was a DVD copy and fix forum. The forum is now closed. I don’t know if we are allowed to name other forums, that is why I did not put it in my post. If we can let me know and then I will tell the name on my next post. It might be helpful.

I will try to avoid religious debate in this thread also . I usually get involved & a thread gets closed . Maybe I can avoid that this time

A good lively debate is always good for the soul, until people start to take it personal. Frankly that is the reason that I am looking for this joke.

Marty

[QUOTE=thor21344;2732952] Cholla, it was a DVD copy and fix forum. The forum is now closed. I don’t know if we are allowed to name other forums, that is why I did not put it in my post. If we can let me know and then I will tell the name on my next post. It might be helpful. [/QUOTE]
AFAIK (As far as I know) it is OK to post a link to almost any site or forum.
There isn’t a “blacklist” posted for members .
If there is a problem with a specific site then a mod or admin will let you know. With no repercussions to you.

I think you may be confusing this with the rule not to post about competitors software in specific sub-forums.Probably a link to a competitor’s forum might not be allowed there. Even then a closed site probably would be OK.
The whole sub-forum rule was started by complaints from fengtao of DVDFab. He couldn’t take the heat. Now he rarely posts here himself.
Some DVDFab staff do though.

[QUOTE=thor21344;2732952]
A good lively debate is always good for the soul, until people start to take it personal. Frankly that is the reason that I am looking for this joke.

Marty [/QUOTE]

I like the debate & I remain civil even when I take it personal.
However since the admin has banned religious topic discussion (debate) in th forum it can’t be done civil or otherwise.
If we keep this thread secular enough I think it will pass for now.

Great, the old forum I saw it on was DVDNEXTCOPY. one of the gentleman on the goodsol game forum found on that is ALMOST what I was looking for.

This is it. it is not quite what I had seen but close

Is hell exothermic or endothermic?
Dr. Schambaugh, of the University of Oklahoma School of Chemical Engineering, Final Exam question for May of 1997. Dr. Schambaugh is known for asking questions such as, “why do airplanes fly?” on his final exams. His one and only final exam question in May 1997 for his Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer II class was: “Is hell exothermic or endothermic? Support your answer with proof.”

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle’s Law or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, We postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave.

Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for souls entering hell, let’s look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, then you will go to hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and souls go to hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant. Two options exist:
1.If hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose.
2.If hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the quote given to me by Theresa Manyan during Freshman year, “that it will be a cold night in hell before I sleep with you” and take into account the fact that I still have NOT succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then Option 2 cannot be true…Thus, hell is exothermic."

The student, Tim Graham, got the only A.

The one I saw had to do with Science

Marty

What I tried & didn’t have much success with was to use a web archive site .
Wayback Machine. I got some forum index web pages for DVDNEXTCOPY but that was it.
The links to forum sections didn’t have archived pages.
So if what you are looking for is original & only posted on the DVDNEXTCOPY forum I don’t know how to find it. Maybe it is posted elsewhere on the internet or was actually a quote by someone.

Well, googling for that sure put me in a bad mood from time to time.

No fun spending time around internet pits that are full of religious fanatics and die hard atheists.

The best i could come up with is the atheist joke which states that “There have been 10,000 gods through history, You reject 9,999 of them. I just go one god further”.

Dunno if you were looking for that.

Thanks Mr. Belvedere, I found what I was looking for. as you said it is depressing. I also found that there was several version of it. it was not a JOKE??? it was a debate between a student and a professor. at least 1 version is 5 pages long and turns a Christian student into an atheists at the end. I am really sorry that I started looking for it.

Again Thanks Mr. Belvedere for looking

Marty

[QUOTE=thor21344;2733438] I also found that there was several version of it. it was not a JOKE??? it was a debate between a student and a professor. at least 1 version is 5 pages long and turns a Christian student into an atheists at the end. I am really sorry that I started looking for it.
Marty[/QUOTE]

I think I found that one. It didn’t seem to have any humor to it so I didn’t post a link to it.

[QUOTE=thor21344;2733438]Thanks Mr. Belvedere, I found what I was looking for. as you said it is depressing. I also found that there was several version of it. it was not a JOKE??? it was a debate between a student and a professor. at least 1 version is 5 pages long and turns a Christian student into an atheists at the end. I am really sorry that I started looking for it.

Again Thanks Mr. Belvedere for looking

Marty[/QUOTE]

Sometimes the quest is more exciting than the result. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]