Looking For A c1/C2 Error Measurement Other Than CD/DVD Probe

vbimport

I have a Sony 310A burner and was wondering is there a software program like K’s DV/DVD Probe that will read C1/C2 error measurement? Probe seems like a great program. Why don’t they make it for all drives? Please advise and thank you for your time. roberson:)

Originally posted by roberson

I have a Sony 310A burner and was wondering is there a software program like K’s DV/DVD Probe that will read C1/C2 error measurement?
KProbe should be working fine with your drive, which a rebadged LiteOn LTC-48161H.
All you need to do is to flash it with an appropriate firmware to turn your current Sony into the LiteOn.

Originally posted by BoSkin
KProbe should be working fine with your drive, which a rebadged LiteOn LTC-48161H.
All you need to do is to flash it with an appropriate firmware to turn your current Sony into the LiteOn.

The 310A is a 48161H? I thought the 300A/E was the Litey rebadge… :confused:

But as BoSkin said, if your drive is a rebranded LiteOn drive (any many Sonys are), then KProbe should work fine. No need to flash the firmware if you want to mess with that.

CDSpeed will work, if your drive is reporting C1/C2.

:confused: Thanks for your input. I downloaded K’s Probe this morning and installed it on my HD. Running the program and trying Write Strategy or Tilt Analysis taps after I click on the START button , a message apprear in the lower left side bottom
(spinning) then in a half a minute the message reads( 052000 Invalid Command Operational Code) The program stops.
I believe my Sony 310A has the incorrect firmware for this program. Am I correct? If you all say yes this is the problem where can I optain the correct firmware and how does one install it. Also will it in any way harm my Sony310A? On this thred I understand that Sony 310A is OK to run this program. I am confused. Thanks, roberson

Originally posted by roberson
:confused: Thanks for your input. I downloaded K’s Probe this morning and installed it on my HD. Running the program and trying Write Strategy or Tilt Analysis taps after I click on the START button , a message apprear in the lower left side bottom
(spinning) then in a half a minute the message reads( 052000 Invalid Command Operational Code) The program stops.
I believe my Sony 310A has the incorrect firmware for this program. Am I correct? If you all say yes this is the problem where can I optain the correct firmware and how does one install it. Also will it in any way harm my Sony310A? On this thred I understand that Sony 310A is OK to run this program. I am confused. Thanks, roberson

im pretty sure you would have to flash your firmware to liteons to get kprobe to work…i may be wrong but ive seen others with the same issues.

Originally posted by Jamos

i may be wrong but ive seen others with the same issues.
U R right, 'coz this procedure has been done many times by those, who have their rebadged LiteOns.
One of my drives, TDK 4800B @LTR-52246S is a live example to that.

My Sony DDU1611 (rebagged 165H/166S, not sure which) works with KProbe with the Sony firmware loaded.