Looking for a Blackjack II celphone (AT&T

I’m looking to get the Blackjack II cellphone. I have AT&T. But they charge a ridiculous amount if you don’t start a new contract. So, any one know where I can get one that is (at least) cheaper then at&t?
Thanks in advance.

It’s almost worth it to wait till you sign up for a new contract. I went through costco.com and got a Palm Treo 750 with earpiece, case and car charger all for free and even free activation when I signed a new 2 year contract.
Try this site:
http://www.compusa.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3476985&sku=P175-1074&SRCCODE=COMEM113&cm_mmc=Email--GPS--COMEM113-_-GPS

Its gonna cost me about 60ish to get one with the new contract and I can’t get a new one until February.

Picked one up today for $350

Check Walmart - both at the store and online.

A couple of weeks ago, I had reached the end of my current 2 year contract and was ready for the “upgrade” and went to ATT online and they wanted 170 (70 after a 100 MIR) for a Palm Centro - when I called and complained to one of their cust. service guys, he told me that some people were going to Walmart and getting a better deal.

So I went to Walmart and they simply plugged my info into their instore computer - it brought up my ATT upgrade eligibility and he handed me a brand new Centro with a new sim card for free - not even a rebate. (ATT does charge 18 for upgrade but there was no charge for the new phone).

In addition to the in store phone selection, Walmart has even more online, I think it includes the Blackjack, also at prices that beat the tar out of ATT online prices.

I was able to do it also on my wife’s phone - it is a family plan - and she also got a free Centro - and I was able to keep my original plan (from about 4 years ago - it is better than currently offered and I am grandfathered in) and roll over minutes.

[quote=rh8888;2128864]Check Walmart - both at the store and online.

A couple of weeks ago, I had reached the end of my current 2 year contract and was ready for the “upgrade” and went to ATT online and they wanted 170 (70 after a 100 MIR) for a Palm Centro - when I called and complained to one of their cust. service guys, he told me that some people were going to Walmart and getting a better deal.

So I went to Walmart and they simply plugged my info into their instore computer - it brought up my ATT upgrade eligibility and he handed me a brand new Centro with a new sim card for free - not even a rebate. (ATT does charge 18 for upgrade but there was no charge for the new phone).

In addition to the in store phone selection, Walmart has even more online, I think it includes the Blackjack, also at prices that beat the tar out of ATT online prices.

I was able to do it also on my wife’s phone - it is a family plan - and she also got a free Centro - and I was able to keep my original plan (from about 4 years ago - it is better than currently offered and I am grandfathered in) and roll over minutes.[/quote]

That’s cool. I already picked one up though. See the above post. got it at Radio Shack.