Looking for a 20A3

vbimport

Thanks for all your work Wind!! :flower:

CK thanks for the simple explanation… :iagree:

Sorry for the slightly OT post… NO :cop: please… lol

I’m looking at this drive and have done some searching on CDF and other forums as well as a google search and for some reason I’m not finding the actual Lite-On model this is… I would like for it to be the 20A3S because I want (need) another SATA ODD as I’m really starting to like this drive!! With all the work that you fellas are doing it’s great!!!

tia for your help…

…gm

[QUOTE=Greensman_2;2026078]Thanks for all your work Wind!! :flower:

CK thanks for the simple explanation… :iagree:

Sorry for the slightly OT post… NO :cop: please… lol

I’m [B][U]looking at this drive[/U][/B] and have done some searching on CDF and other forums as well as a google search and for some reason I’m not finding the actual Lite-On model this is… I would like for it to be the 20A3S because I want (need) another SATA ODD as I’m really starting to like this drive!! With all the work that you fellas are doing it’s great!!!

tia for your help…

…gm[/QUOTE]

The pictures of the Philips are showing an A1 or A4 clone, not an A3 (you can tell from the top cover and from the LED/eject hole positions). A known alternative is the AOpen DSW2012SA (SATA only) which has been reported as a DH20A3S rebadge by member Little_Heidi in this thread.

[QUOTE=Cressida;2026448]The pictures of the Philips are showing an A1 or A4 clone, not an A3 (you can tell from the top cover and from the LED/eject hole positions). A known alternative is the AOpen DSW2012SA (SATA only) which has been reported as a DH20A3S rebadge by member Little_Heidi in this thread.[/QUOTE]

I don’t normally want to post against a more knowledgeable member’s opinion but please look at these pix and see what you guys/gals think. :wink:

pic at the EGG

from tradme.co.nz

from Lite-On (top view only)

From what I can determine the Philips SPD2513BD looks very similar to the Lite-On DH-20A3S.

Sorry to seem argumentative but I’m really liking this drive and it’s just incredible the lengths that Wind, CK, Worker, and the Lite-On Team are going to to get this RIGHT. :clap:

Please look at these pix and see what you think about the eject hole and LED light again. tia…

…gm

The A3’s eject hole needs to be just above the eject button, if my two 20A3P’s are anything to go by.

The picture on Trademe is most likely one taken from an A1 auction.

Moved from the test firmware thread. :wink:

CK thanks for understanding my post and your input. :slight_smile:

Hopefully someone will post a pic that has something definitive…

…gm

Here’s what the front looks like:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=310&page=Features

I’d be surprised if the 20A3S was different.

[QUOTE=Greensman_2;2026632]I don’t normally want to post against a more knowledgeable member’s opinion but please look at these pix and see what you guys/gals think. :wink:

pic at the EGG

from tradme.co.nz

from Lite-On (top view only)

From what I can determine the Philips SPD2513BD looks very similar to the Lite-On DH-20A3S.

Sorry to seem argumentative but I’m really liking this drive and it’s just incredible the lengths that Wind, CK, Worker, and the Lite-On Team are going to to get this RIGHT. :clap:

Please look at these pix and see what you think about the eject hole and LED light again. tia…

…gm[/QUOTE]

Lite-ON has several factory plant at China, some uses the BenQ-style shape top cover, some uses the old Lite-ON-style top cover (that’s what I heard from China users last time). AFAIK, SPD2513BD was a 20A1S, probably a 20A4S now.

If you don’t mind taking a PATA drive, Sony DRU-190A is a rebadged 20A3P.
Check out this thread which the guy posted a DRU-190A photo and showing the Lite-On-style top cover (no BenQ-style).

well guys
i have the drive and i can take a picture with my cam but i don’t see the point
i have a very close look to the drive and i belive the philips is not a rebadged lite-on

[quote=websh;2026700]well guys
i have the drive and i can take a picture with my cam but i don’t see the point
i have a very close look to the drive and i belive the philips is not a rebadged lite-on[/quote]

:disagree:

Just because it looks different on the outside doesn’t mean it’s different on the inside. Many people, including myself, have verified that the Philips 2413/2513 are 20A1P/20A1S indeed. The 2414/2514 are probably 20A4P/20A4S, but could be 20A3P/20A3S (which are also the Optiarc 7190A/7190S). Confusing enough? :wink: It’s all part of the PLDS-Sony marriage.

The Philips models are more confusing because there are rebadged Samsung and Lite-ON Drives.

Check out the specs:
SPD2414BD (PATA) should be a rebadged Samsung SH-S202
SPD2514BD (SATA) should be a rebadged Samsung SH-S203

SPD2414BM (PATA) and SPD2514BM (SATA) should be rebadged Lite-ON.

Well whatever it is I just ordered it!! I’ll crack it open when I get it if you guys like and then we’ll know exactly what chipset is in it… :iagree:

Thanks for your replies and input… :flower:

…gm

Oh no, Greensman :wink: . The A3 is so easy to identify from the LED and eject positions (it’s the first ever Lite-On DVDRW that’s changed these).

I’ll add a pic of the AOpen DSW2012SA SATA drive. Nonetheless, have fun with your new Philips :iagree:.

Well not disappointing if it’s actually the LH-20A1S, I have one already and it does just fine. :wink: Of course it has CK’s special f/w flash… :smiley:

I’m a little disappointed in Lite-On’s lack of pictures and the only one they provide is of the “BENQ” style top. Sorry buggers!!! lol.

Thanks for the reply Cressida…

…gm

the thiing now is in ur hand try crossflashing the Philips to A lite-On 20A3S And tell us how it goes
but i don’t advice on this since it’s a great risk if they don’t match

[QUOTE=websh;2027249]the thiing now is in ur hand try crossflashing the Philips to A lite-On 20A3S And tell us how it goes
but i don’t advice on this since it’s a great risk if they don’t match[/QUOTE]

Websh I won’t just flash it to flash even tho I want to. lol. I’ll take it apart and look at the chipset to see what it is if possible. I don’t care about the warranty and if I did I would take it apart or cross flash it. :disagree:

I’m thinking by the research that I’ve read (before and after) that it is a LH-20A1S and that’s ok with me. The one I have now does a good job and even better after CK works a little magic. :smiley:

Thanks again people and I’ll let you know either way on the drive…

…gm

You don’t really need to take apart the right, use EEPROM Utility’s Upgrade Drive to check your current model. See what does it show up. If “20A1P/S + DW2000”, then it would be MT1899.

Thanks Skylon!! That makes it a little easier dunnit?? :wink:

…gm

btw it should be here Friday with any luck… Monday for sure…

I am bit busy recently, but for any case, my drive is Aopen one as pictured above in Cressida post, and I will supply image of the fascia for any case!

Well there you have it boys and girls (like you didn’t already know… ):stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Heidi, most kind of you to take the time to do that… I see you have the CM-690… how do you like it?? I have the same case and really wanted to add a 20A3S to it but it seems I’ll be adding a 20A1S… Oh well…:doh:

…gm

well i can tell u the on the last post looks exactly like the lite-on 20A3S and the eject button and the hole are exactly the same place

I am bit busy recently, but for any case, my drive is Aopen one as pictured above in Cressida post, and I will supply image of the fascia for any case!

well done Heidi