Looking for 8481B firmware

As the subject say’s i am looking for the 8481B firmware from LG drive not the one from NEC.Thanks

pedro

I need the same problem too Pedro, mine is the UK version of the drive,

Can anyone send me a copy of firmware V.1.00 for this drive (must be the version supporting Mount Rainier) as I have one too and want to flash back to it from V.2.03. It needs to be in Hex format (about 1Mb I think) as I can’t flash back with mtkflash and my original bin file, won’t erase the memory for some reason? I need to try Je6.exe and an original Hex file it seems.

I’ve been told you can get the Hex file using mtkflash as follows:

“Also, a trick I found while testing: MTKflash can read and write .HEX (by not using /b) or .BIN files. I read my rom with MTKflash in .HEX format (BIG file, about 1MB) and to write, I use JE3 ot JE4 like JEx <file.HEX> <x> /m where <x> is 1-4, (pri/master to sec/slave) and it works!!!”

Have you tried to convert your bin file to hex?
It should be possible, I guess.

WS

See: http://www.keil.com/download/docs/bin2hex.zip.asp

I tried it just for fun.It could be a big no no.After converting my bin to hex my drive was dead.I reflash my original bin with mtkflash and the drive did no come back.I had to reflash it in HEX format save with mtkflash one week before to revive it.I dont known it may work if the conversion is made in real dos mode,i made mine while i was in xp,maybe some corruption???.Anyway be careful when using this program.

ciao

pedro

Originally posted by pedro99
[B]I tried it just for fun.Its a big no no,after converting my bin to hex my drive was dead.I reflash my original bin with mtkflash and the drive did no come back.I had to reflash it in HEX format save with mtkflash one week before to revive it.I dont known it may work if the conversion is made in real dos mode,i made mine while i was in xp,maybe some corruption???.Anyway be careful when using this program.

ciao

pedro [/B]

Thank you very much for the info.
By the way, I found that for mktflash it is sometimes important whether the CDR drive is master or slave, Traxdata e.g. must be set to slave to be flashed with mktflqsh. Did you tried this with LG 5and its original bin file)?
WS
PS I’m not sure that the convertion was wrong because of your OS environement.

Yes Spammer, the BIN which was convert came from my drive.Also the drive is configure as secondary master(never had problem flash it that way).The bin2hex program when converting a BIN will give you about 200k more then dumping an HEX with mtkflash.I dont known what this 200k is as i did not do a compare between the 2 HEX yet.

pedro

Pedro, Spammer,

If any of you did finally get the 8481B firmware (LG, not OEM version), would you please send it to me also ? Would like to make some tests, compare it to the 2.03 and give some feedack to the forum, and if proves to be good, recover my second led functionality. Please, send it to fertrius@worldonline.es

Regards
FTC

Well,

First of all, thanks joe for the fw. Now, I could flash the 8481B 1.00 firmware into my 8400B (which was already flashed to 8481B 2.03) in hope for it to ‘recover’ second led usage. Well, it did work (flashing), but burner was still using 1 led for both, writing and reading, so I finally went back again to 2.03 firmware, because it’s newer.

Thanks again and regards
FTC

Originally posted by FTC
[B]Pedro, Spammer,

If any of you did finally get the 8481B firmware (LG, not OEM version), would you please send it to me also ? Would like to make some tests, compare it to the 2.03 and give some feedack to the forum, and if proves to be good, recover my second led functionality. Please, send it to fertrius@worldonline.es

Regards
FTC [/B]

No FTC i would really like to have it to.
All the firmware floating around are for the drive with 1 light only.It would be really nice if someone can post a 8481B firmware which come from the 2 light drive.This is easy to extract with mtkflash.The command is MTKFLASH (port#) r /m /b anyname .bin.For example if the drive is secondary master it will be MTKFLASH 3 r /b /m anyname.bin

(port assignement)
primary master = 1
primary slave =2
secondary master =3
secondary slave =4

the “r” is for read the /b is for binary and the /m is to merge all the banks together.It is not dangerous for the drive,as far as i known i never heard seomone kill is drive by reading it,correct me if i am wrong.If you dont have MTKFLASH just email me and i will send it.

regards

pedro
pouellet@vif.com

Please, can someone finally tell me is your flashed 8480B->8481B capable of writing CRW at 24x or not?
I cannot find any CRW 24x certified media at the moment, but I’m really looking forward for this information!
Tnx,
WS

Sorry, I don’t have 24x media either, and nowhere to find it around… I keep the 8481B 2.03 fw in my 8480B because it allows me to write to samsung 48x media at 48x CAV (8480B fw wrote it at P-CAV 40x).

Regards
FTC

Thank you for this information. I tested v.2.03 only on Traxdata CDRW, Verbatim CDR and Samsung CDRW, nothing to blame at the moment.
If you notice any problem with it, do not hesitate to share it. So do I.
Regards,
WS