Looking 4 Good All-In-One Decrypter+Ripper+Encoder supporting HD Reolutions

vbimport

Looking for any decent All-in-One Decrypter+Ripper+Encoder that can output up to HD resolutions and supports DivX encoding.

Any suggestions would be cool.

[quote=Kung-Fu Theater;2079678]Looking for any decent All-in-One Decrypter+Ripper+Encoder that can output up to HD resolutions and supports DivX encoding.

Any suggestions would be cool.[/quote]
Hi Kung-Fu Theater you have posted this question twice in two different forums. This is called crossposting. Its against forum rules. I have deleted the other post in the CopytoDVD Movie Forum. I am not sure this post even belongs in this forum for you to get the best responses. Let me see if I can move it to the Video Edit Forum.

Sorry. Didn’t know where it went, as 60 people viewed it and no one answered in 2 days over there, I figured it belonged here. Since I’m in the market for this type of software package now, I’m posting the same question at several forums (dvd-guides.com etc) fielding responses.

You’re a mod and “editor”, do you have any suggestions?

~ KFT

None will do all you ask, I would look at a few different programs, including AnyDVDhd for decryption, using it in conjuction with CloneDVDMobile or DVDFABPlatnium with the Mobile option. Not sure about the HD resolutions.

[quote=Kung-Fu Theater;2079722]Since I’m in the market for this type of software package now, I’m posting the same question at several forums (dvd-guides.com etc) fielding responses.

You’re a mod and “editor”, do you have any suggestions?

~ KFT[/quote]I have a suggestion; which is to be more specific about exactly what you want to do since we have no idea where to put this question as it stands. I would like a machine that will wake me up in the morning, make my coffee and breakfast, dress me and wheel me out to the car. But no matter how many forums I post on, for some reason no-one answers. That tells me there is probably not going to be any responses to field.

Suggestion #2 is to do some of your own research - since only you know your objective or task - and then tell us what is the start and end material, how much time you have, what are your viewing preferences, what do you mean by “HD” etc etc.

A piece of string is only so long.

Well FairUse Wizard 2 does everything I just mentioned actually. I’m surprised no one knew that or that it wasn’t listed in your software. It decrypts, rips, encodes and supports DivX encoding, but I’ve yet to find the resolutions I want in the software. I want 720 x 480 up to 1900 x 1220 (if possible). And no sign of even 720 x 480 in FUW2, at least that I’ve yet seen.

What I want to do is from my original DVD’s, decrypt, rip and DivX encode to output higher resolution files. This 480, 432 by “whatever” stuff is rubbish. I need 720 x 480 and better.

As for research I’ve been reading all over the place on several boards, on the web etc. I’ve been Googling different quoted variants of “encoding” “ripping” “DVD” “HD” “DivX” for the past 2 days. One search method I use is quoting “is better than DVDFab” or “better than #1 DVD Ripper” etc just to find comments by people who may be using some good software. Anyways, my searches have yeilded scanty results at best.

Fair Use does not rip copy protected discs. It will only read form discs that have already been decrypted.

I just put a region 3 Official DVD movie in my drive last night, and only using FairUse Wizard 2.8 Full Edition, decrypted, ripped, and encoded it out to an avi. So unless official DVD’s are being decrypted pre-retail now, FairUse can clearly decrypt.

Some DVDs are not encrypted. Or you already have a decrypted copy, or AnyDVD is running in the background.

As Dialysis1 said: FairUse 2.8 does NOT do any decrypting.

(Moved to CD Freaks ‘Copy Movie’ section.)

[quote=imkidd57;2079916]Some DVDs are not encrypted. Or you already have a decrypted copy, or AnyDVD is running in the background.

As Dialysis1 said: FairUse 2.8 does NOT do any decrypting.

(Moved to CD Freaks ‘Copy Movie’ section.)[/quote]

That’s weird. I just put in a Region 1 Official DVD and took that all the way to. avi file on my computer tonight as well using FUW2.
Must be magical, or DVD’s aren’t encrypted anymore. Seriously, anyone with this software (Full Edition of 2.8) give it a whirl on a random official DVD. I’m curious to hear feedback.

In the meantime, I’ll be looking for another super machine to clothe and dress me.

I stand corrected.
FairUse 2.8 is currently converting Saw 3 from the original disc. When it’s done, I’ll check the quality and then try a more recent one.