Logitech Z-5500 speaker costs

vbimport

:confused: Been looking for the best price on buying these speakers, problem being cost of shipping. Any ideas on places to find my best deal? I google things alot and some places I do not trust due to not knowing the merchant. found one deal with Office Depot for about $ 288.95 any help would be appreciated. I am open to other speaker ideas but want a fairly decent setup for movies and such…

For the money these speakers rock. I have a set.

I never had any issues with these guys

http://www.us.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12847&vpn=970115-0403&manufacture=Logitech

I am assuming that you have a good sound card like a Sound Blaster Audigy 24bit that supports DTS and THX, if you do then you will want to purchase something like this. ( This is for visual purpose )

1/8" (3.5mm) mini plug to phone plug is need to run from your sound card (1/8" mini plug out) to the Logitech control hub ( phone plug - which is like a coaxial in ) in order for you to use the sound decoder in the Logitech hub. Once everything is setup you will be able to change in your sound card options between the sound decoder on the sound card and the sound decoder in the logitech control hub. This will enable you to use the DTS and THX features properly. Now all you need is PowerDvD and you should be able to rock you socks off watching movies.

:cool: :cool:

I have Creative SB X-Fi Platinum sound card, what benefits does PowerDVD have over VLC Media Player that I currently use??? I went to office depot and they are out of stock in my area. Mpls and Chicago was out of stock also guess I will just keep looking…

PowerDvD was just an example.Video Lan Player will do what you need.

If you have Creative SB X-Fi Platinum sound card, then you can just use optical connections. : http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=208&product=14065

I also want to get a new speaker set (high end this time) , I’ve seen the Z-5500 for very much higher price than Creative’s Gigaworks S750 7.1 speakers
Which is better guys ?

@tec77 : sorry for hijacking your thread :o

I was going to suggest the speaker system I purchased with my computer but it seems it is discontinued. Such a pity the sound quality is stunning and the sub can shake the walls at my neighbors.

Klipsch

For what it is worth, I am a true believer in Klipsch after owning this system and will return to them in the future.

No, they are not paying me to say that. :slight_smile:

That’s what i have :cool: They’re in AR just south of me.

Edit:
I even have my surround sound 6.1 in the living room are all Klipsch :wink: Been using their speakers for yrs.

Nice!
What system do you have?

I have a Sony 6.1 DTS receiver 100 watt a channel with SC.1 for center, 2 SF.1’s for front sides, 2 SS.1’s for left and right surround sides, SC.1 for back(6th channel), and SW.12" sub in a room 25’ by 15’.

I had the Klipsch 5.1s THX version just prior to the Ultra version. They were the best speakers I have ever listened to. Unfortunately the AMP in the sub died.

After, I went and listened to the Z-5500s and also the Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1. I liked the Creative better and bought them, but neither one compared to the Klipsch I had. At least to my ears.

Logic Tech is not main manufacturer of PC Speaker I am sure they repackge another Mfgr on their name.

Yes Logitech is the main manufacturer. They have there own Audio Divsion, It’s been a long bumpy road for them, with a few acquisitions since the early 90’s and stiff competition from the likes of Cambridge Soundworks (Creative) ,Bose,Boston Acoustics,JBL and Kilpich they had to bring there A game. Now they produce a nice set of speakers.

Then if I have to spend on the price ranch of $300 for the set of speaker I rather to get it from the more reputable and well know speaker manufacture (Boise, Omaha, even creative).

I don’t know anyone that has Logitech speakers but these Klipsch blow my clothes back when turned up loud.

You would be happy with either, even some of the others that are mentioned as well. It’s all about how much money you want to spend.

Good point!

By the way i’ve used your sig links a time or 2 :slight_smile:

I have the klipsch as well, and have had them for about 4 years, and I have not heard another set of pc speakers sound near as good as these. The only drawback is on my early model there is no “off” button, and no headphone jack on the controlling speaker. I believe this has changed on the newer ones.

who knows but i still have the z540s they are very very good considering. sound very good. i like to blast when watching action heavy movies. considering those are like 4-6 times more powerful i can imagine

the 5.1’s are the first that come with a headphone jack. they sound great but who the heck needs that much power to shake every single wall in their house. i’ll take a cheaper set of speakers that only shakes my entire room and the ones adjacent to it. i use some old z-5300’s but always wanted to try a creative set.