Logitech Z-5500 Digital questions

Hi All,

I have just purchased the Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 speakers. As usual, curiosity killed the cat and I just got it outta the box (huge, I must say) and made the connections and just started off playing stuff on it. What I forgot to check was the Default settings of the speaker (master volume, sub, centre, surround et al). So can anyone help me with the default volume settings of the speakers. I checked the manual and the website, but there is no mention of a default setting for the speakers.
Another thing is the sound card that I am using is an integrated ALC850 Realtek sound card. It offers 7.1 connectivity and also SPDIF and Optical connectivity. Does optical connection really have an advantage over analog connection? If yes, do i really need to have an optical connection? Another issue is that I would not be able to play DVD-Audio discs if I use optical connection since DVD-Audio discs don’t play over digital connections due to copy protections(correct me if I am wrong).
Also, the speaker has a 24/96 decoder on it and not the sound card, so would I be able to play DVD-Audio discs in the first place?

Thx,
Aquarius :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about the optical, or your setup. I know that with my Klipsch 5.1 system, and my audigy sound card, I used the creative software to adjust each speaker individually, for volume, tone, etc… There should be some software for your sound card that will allow you to do this.