Logitech MX700 causing major trouble!

Originally posted by Naboo
[B]No anything new?

Tepel I would do what rdgrimes has suggested, just give logitech a call & see what they say.
But one more question, the batteries you are using are they the ones that came with the mouse or are you using normal ones or other rechargeable ones ?
If there normal ones they wont charge, & you have to be using the recharge type batteries Nickel Metal Hydride Battery for them to recharge in the logitech charger. [/B]

Yeah i use the original ones =) And couldn’t help but smile at your comment… i’m quite ok with technical stuff, so i know that reg batteries won’t charge… but i know there’s no way for anybody out there to tell, so it’s good to start with the basics lol

I have been mighty busy at work so no chance to contact Logitech yet, but surely will do! Thanks and i’ll post it if i find out anything. As for bad contacts and all that… well the mouse just came from the package, it’s been used 3 times or so… and yeah i did wiggle it a bit.

But as i said, it DOES work, it DOES charge, but for some reason when i start using it i get the red flashing light (at which point it nearly immediately stops responding, nothing like a 30 min rest time!!!) and once it does that it will NOT charge. If i put it in charger when it doesn’t flash red it starts to charge, np…

Also i checked in the mouseware just before the problem started, it said ‘battery level is good’. So wtf :S

Yeah i have tried latest drivers, same problem tho.

Weird eh?! :slight_smile:

Very weird indeed, sorry I didn’t mean to say that you were inexperienced or anything, I was just checking to make sure I understood :wink:
Well I hope you can find a solution to your problem, I think we have covered the basics.

Good Luck! :smiley:

Originally posted by Naboo
Very weird indeed, sorry I didn’t mean to say that you were inexperienced or anything,

nah dude don’t worry, no offense or anyting taken =)
Just thought it was funny, but as i said… what if indeed i wouldn’t know and it IS the problem…

so thanx a lot but in all honesty i haven’t gotten about to email Logitech yet… busy at work plus ma old mouse still works wonders…

ah well… any1 wanna buy a MX700?
lol

maybe this is an update issue or something - i have two mx 700, one at home and one at work; last night the one at home was flashing red after being put in the cradle - and today at work this one started doing the same damn thing!

the odds of both going bad at the same time are way too long (even for Vegas), so i guess i had better call tech support - something is going wrong that is common to both computers!

I’ve been using the MX700 for 4 years now and I haven’t had a single issue. To TePeL - I suggest you contact their tech support and tell them your problem. There must be something wrong w/ the circuitry inside the mouse.

Same here, daily use and original batteries. Still regret not buying a spare for €35 when I had the chance.

I had this same issue when I hadn’t used my mx700 for about 3 months cuz of vacation. It was flashing red even when in the charging base even though it seemed to be charged and the mouse was working.

I got it to work by pressing the Connect button on the bottom of the mouse first, then pressing the Connect button on the charging station about 2 minutes later. After that I placed the mouse back in the charger and it started flashing green as it charged.

Hopefully this might help someone else that has this problem. If it does, cheers! :stuck_out_tongue:

I have this MX700 Mouse also, I don’t even use the SetPoint Software and it works like a champ, But I do not think the problem is software related , it is a bad charger, RMA it.:iagree:

[QUOTE=azuma;1753617]
I got it to work by pressing the Connect button on the bottom of the mouse first, then pressing the Connect button on the charging station about 2 minutes later. After that I placed the mouse back in the charger and it started flashing green as it charged.
[/QUOTE]

ty - solved my problem :slight_smile:

Hi there. I’ve had the same problem i.e. slow red blinking light in mouse (i.e recharge batt). Put it in the craddle and got fast red blinking light; no green light for charging. Figured out something wrong with charging. Opened and switched batteries. Everything back to work. Hope it helps. :bigsmile:

I have had this problem quite a long time ago now but am surprised that no-one on any forum has found a fix for it.

I fixed it by cleaning the little gold contacts on the bottom of the mouse with my fingernail. All the dried skin and gunk that usualy stuck to ball mice gatther at these terminals and prevent them from making contact with the charging terminal.

[QUOTE=Lithiu;1957828]ty - solved my problem :)[/QUOTE]

Hi, Thank god I found this thread. I’ve been using my two mx 700’s and cordless keyboard’s for some years without problems. After inactivity for some months it also suddenly got this red blinking problem in the charger. The trick worked well, first press the connect button on the mouse and then pressing the button on the charger / receiver. Thanks!

Hey, I had the same issue with the mouse not charging. I changed batteries to fresh ones and id did not work. What did work though for me was to just push the connect buttons on the mouse and the charger. The system now works perfectly. I get a green flashing charge ligth instead of a red one. Hope this helps.