Log path

I haven’t used DVDFab very much but that will likely increase soon. I was wondering if there was a setting or an .ini file that I could change concerning the saving of logs?
Is there a way to adjust the path where logs are saved, whether they are saved, and whether they are all saved or maybe overwritten each time?

My “search” did not reveal the answer. I’m more interested in the processing log, not the burn log since I use ImgBurn. Thanks for the help and I apologize if the answer was right in front of me, seems like a simple question/answer. :doh:

[QUOTE=gs47;2194433]I haven’t used DVDFab very much but that will likely increase soon. I was wondering if there was a setting or an .ini file that I could change concerning the saving of logs?
Is there a way to adjust the path where logs are saved, whether they are saved, and whether they are all saved or maybe overwritten each time?

My “search” did not reveal the answer. I’m more interested in the processing log, not the burn log since I use ImgBurn. Thanks for the help and I apologize if the answer was right in front of me, seems like a simple question/answer. :doh:[/QUOTE]

There is. DVDFab saves its logs (if you use the VSO engine, its log is stored in the same location, and all logs are cumulative, to the limit you set in Fab) at:

C:/Documents & Settings/My Documents/Your Name/Applications/DVDFab/Log

I have to check something, so hang a sec., and I’ll add to this post in a sec.

O’C

:slight_smile:

Thought I remembered a way you could change it, but not that I can find - that location is programmed in… and should be:

C:/Documents & Settings/Your Name/My Documents/Applications/DVDFab/Log

Didn’t spot, on my quick peek, where you could limit the size of the log, either, but my glasses are dirty… just take a peek at common settings, each option one at a time - you may spot it.

O’C

P.S. How can we tell I don’t go there very often?

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2194555]Thought I remembered a way you could change it, but not that I can find - that location is programmed in… and should be:

C:/Documents & Settings/Your Name/My Documents/Applications/DVDFab/Log

Didn’t spot, on my quick peek, where you could limit the size of the log, either, but my glasses are dirty… just take a peek at common settings, each option one at a time - you may spot it.

O’C

P.S. How can we tell I don’t go there very often?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, AFAIK there’s no way to alter the file path for the burn logs…not while burning within Fab anyway.
No way to limit/modify the logs either…at least not to these old eyes…dirt or no dirt…:bigsmile:

Thanks O’C & maineman -
I’m aware of course where the logs are stored now, just wondered if that could be changed or manipulated. I didn’t see a way but I’m not an “expert” like you guys yet. :slight_smile:
I thought if I created a file to store logs that was maybe right in program files, alphabetically next to the FAB program itself that it would be more convenient.
No big deal, just learning the ins & outs…

I found the answer, simple and quite rudimentary. How did you veterans miss it? :bigsmile:
My question was really in anticipation of ever wanting to save a log; for example due to an unsuccessful rip or to compare to another program, etc.
After clicking the “okay” box or whatever it says after a successful rip operation, click “save” and use the default location, pick another location, or create your own folder.

This way you can effectively overwrite by using the same folder and name or save each log by using a different name, or location, and so forth.
I just never clicked on the “save” box to get me to that point prior to now.
It was a good day, I learned something and thought I’d pass it along for anyone else new to DVDFab like me…:wink:

[quote=gs47;2197006][B] How did you veterans miss it?[/B] :bigsmile:
;)[/quote]
Well when you try to remember everything about a program you tend to forget something that is not too important or really needed until you need it.

[QUOTE=gs47;2197006]I found the answer, simple and quite rudimentary. How did you veterans miss it? :bigsmile:
My question was really in anticipation of ever wanting to save a log; for example due to an unsuccessful rip or to compare to another program, etc.
After clicking the “okay” box or whatever it says after a successful rip operation, click “save” and use the default location, pick another location, or create your own folder.

This way you can effectively overwrite by using the same folder and name or save each log by using a different name, or location, and so forth.
I just never clicked on the “save” box to get me to that point prior to now.
It was a good day, I learned something and thought I’d pass it along for anyone else new to DVDFab like me…;)[/QUOTE]
Ahh, my mistake.
I just re-read your first post and you clearly stated that you were more interested in the processing log, not the burn log.
Apparently, I’m just [I]seeing[/I] this for the first time.
I kept thinking burn log…:doh:

Anyway, glad you figured it out.

[QUOTE=GJ;2197031]Well when you try to remember everything about a program you tend to forget something that is not too important or really needed until you need it.[/QUOTE]
Yes I understand GJ, sorry I was just kidding a bit if that was not clearly understood. :slight_smile:

A successful rip log is essentially worthless, only a few lines of info at best. I have not had an unsuccessful rip yet so I don’t know what the log would look like for that.
Some logs like in “other programs no longer developed” are rather extensive with good info whether successful or not. DVDFab is a good application/program with promising potential for the future (Blu-ray/HD) so I’m trying to be proficient with it.

I appreciate help and info from those who know more about this program than I do (nearly everyone except for logs :bigsmile:) Thanks again.