Lock-down CD scores No.1 hit

vbimport

I just posted the article Lock-down CD scores No.1 hit.

GristyMcFisty used our news submit to tell us that copy  protected cd's have finally landed in the                                                                                               ...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/8532-Lock-down-CD-scores-No_1-hit.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/8532-Lock-down-CD-scores-No_1-hit.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Wait! This is the U.S??? Stupid Yanks! Any Comments Sherrif?

Um, no. This is from EUROPE. It’s just been introduced in the U.S. Bertlesmann is a GERMAN company. “Stupid Yanks” indeed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Since this is the famous SunnComm protection, I will get rich as I have patented the action of pressing the “shift key” whilst inserting a protected CD. Yeehaaawwww! Go Velvet Revolver Contraband - Numba one!!! :d That Lamborghini is mine!:X

“If record companies want to sell copy protected CD’s then they should be half their normal cost as they aren’t worth much if you can’t put them on your MP3 player or other media devices.” They’d probably agree with you, but their solution would be to charge twice as much for unprotected content. :slight_smile:

Terrible. It’s like me going to the car dealer, buying a car, then after it’s bought they tell me that I can only drive this car on a limited number of roads. I can assume that’s what will happen to these uninformed consumers as they try to play thier CD on a computer platform that doesn’t work, or try to back it up. Sorry Souls.

1…2…3…4…5…6… You are probebly wondering what I am counting for, well I am counting how many minutes it takes for this protection to be bypassed. 7…8…9… PS. please someone post a CD that has this protection on it, I want to goto the store, buy this CD and then spend endless hours complaining to their 1800 number how I cannot listen to the music.
[edited by CaFrow on 18.06.2004 22:48]

I saw it on a bittorrent site a few days ago…no one realized it was a protected CD until I seen these articles saying it was.

I have patented Copyright Protecions, all your base are belong in my wallet :d

guess wha its on the net its been beaten!

Already posted on Usenet. Next…

So it’s now available on usenet, bittorrent, edonkey. Probably filter into Kazaa soon :slight_smile:

Well, let’s see here… ******** PRESENTS ARTIST: Velvet Revolver TITLE: Contraband LABEL: BMG RIPPER: ******** 230kbps avg - Rock 1hr 0min total-104.2mb RELEASE DATE: 2004-06-08 RIP DATE: 2004-06-01 Wow, sure mustv’e been hard to copy indeed…

waaaah, i love it… unemcumbered MP3’s of this album are EVERYWHERE… nice try, suncomm/RIAA! next!:d